Thirty Eight- Erica

Erica's POV

   We got back to the Gilbert house shortly after getting into the car. The whole family was such fun people. The car ride was filled with jam sessions and we all sang along obnoxiously and loudly. The smile plastered on my face never washed away. It was always 100% genuine.

   Molly was so excited about me staying in her room. She set everything up all neat and nicely for me and got out an air mattress, too.

   "Okay so I wasn't sure if you like to sleep on air mattresses or not, so if you don't, I can always sleep on it and you can take my bed!" Molly said. I giggled at her for planning everything out so thoroughly like that. I told her I didn't mind sleeping on the air mattress and that was that.

   I set up my suitcase in the corner of her room, where she told me to put it, of course. She pretty much planned everything. From where I put my suitcase to a designated spot to put my dirty clothes that she insisted on washing before I left. She was a great host.

   "Wait, I have to show you something!" Molly said, getting all excited.

   We plopped down on her bed and she looked through her YouTube feed. I wondered what she was looking for. She pulled up a compilation of funny Finn Wolfhard videos. She's currently obsessed with him. I thought it was hilarious.

   "Wow, that was great," I said, sarcastically, as she knew I didn't care about him nearly as much as she did. She laughed, knowing that showing me this video was pretty useless. We both knew she only showed me it so that she could rewatch the video without shame.

   Our laughter was interrupted by a quiet knock on the door. It was Jay. I smiled instantly. But I was already smiling in the first place, so did it really count?

   "Hey, we're going to get some dinner now," Jay told us. "Are you guys ready to leave now?"

   "I'm ready. You?" I turned and asked Molly. She nodded in agreement and we got up to follow Jay. He lead us back to the garage and we got back into he car. It was about 6:30pm last time I checked the time, so it was a perfect time to have dinner. I was always hungry, so any time is honestly a perfect time to have dinner.

   "We're going to one of our favorite restaurants. It has regular American food," Mama Hype told me. "Is that okay with you?"

   "Oh of course! I'm not a very picky eater," I answered.

   After about a minute of riding in the car, Mama Hype handed me a cord. I gave her a confused look, and she explained that she wanted me to have the AUX cord. I wanted to call Mr. and Mrs. Gilbert "Papa Hype" and "Mama Hype," because I felt weird calling them by their first name and I honestly just loved the nicknames and thought it was so cute.

   You already know what I played. Boy Band performances! Molly and I sang along super loudly and that made her parents and Jay laugh. Jay sang along with us, reminiscing on all the memories from the show. I wonder if it ever made him sad to think about it. But, of course I didn't want to ask him.

   We got to the restaurant and it was pretty crowded. I wasn't typically an impatient person, mostly because my little brothers are impatient so it encouraged me to not be that way. It always annoyed parents, so I was glad that I picked up the trait of having patience.

   My moment of being proud of myself was ended after Papa Hype explained that he had made a reservation ahead of time so that there would be no need to wait. I was happy either way. This just meant I got to eat sooner. Who would complain about that?

   We got seated in a large booth, on the left side of the restaurant. I was sat in between Jay and Molly, and their parents were directly across from us.