Forty One- Erica

Erica's POV

I woke up before Molly this time. I didn't want to wake her up, so I just scrolled through my phone. To my surprise, Jay was awake as well. He texted me. He knew that I was up because he heard the shuffling sounds of my movement on the air mattress. His room was right across from Molly's, so the slight squeaking sound was always audible from where he was.

Jay: Good morning 😊
Erica: Good morning to you too! What's up?
Jay: Nothing. Woke up like 10 mins ago
Erica: Oh haha 😂 What are we doing today?
Jay: Not so fast. Molly wouldn't appreciate me telling you before she is awake
Erica: Aw man 🙄
Jay: All I'm saying is that it will be fun 😏
Erica: Okay well since you're not giving anything away I'll be going now...
Jay: Adiós 😌
Erica: Fine then if u don't care 🤷‍♀️

Molly woke up. I heard her begin to stir around in her bed. I looked at her, as she rubbed her eyes with her hands.

"Not so excited to wake me up today, now are you?" I said, laughing at her grogginess. She threw a pillow at my face, with another groan. Jay was right about her not being a morning person. I wonder how she was so cheerful and happy yesterday morning.

   "Did Jay tell you what we are going to do today?" Molly asked, opening her eyes finally.

   "No, why?" I asked.

   "Oh just wondering," She said. "He told me that I could tell you the plans."

   "Oh okay," I said. "So, what are we exactly doing today?"

   "Well, first off, my parents are making breakfast downstairs. I hope you like classic scrambled eggs and bacon!" Molly informed me.

   "Of course I do!" I cheered, excited to get to breakfast.

   "I hope it isn't too much trouble for your parents to make breakfast for one more person," I told Molly.

   "Don't stress it. You're only one more person," Molly reassured me.

   Molly sniffed around roughly for a little bit. She then told me that she could smell the scent of the food. We went downstairs, not caring to get ready. We just wanted some food. We were hungry.

   "Good morning!" I said to the Gilberts, all three of them in the kitchen. Jay was putting some napkins and silverware on the table. Mama and Papa Hype were beside one another, in front of the stove. Mama Hype was scrambling up the eggs while Papa Hype was cooking the bacon. It all smelled so good.

   "Good morning, Erica! Breakfast is almost ready, go ahead and sit down at the table," Mama Hype said.

   Molly showed me which chair I should sit at. It was at the end of the table. Molly and Jay sat next to each other and the parents sat directly across them. The food was ready now, so Molly brought five plates to her parents and they scooped some food onto each of them.

   Molly went back and forth giving her parents a new plate and giving the new plate full of food to a spot on the table. She gave me mine first, but I still waited until everyone else had their food. I didn't want to give off any rude vibes.

   Finally, everyone got their fair share of food and we all began to eat. It was delicious. Papa Hype passed around a salt shaker, and I added some salt to my eggs. That's how I usually ate eggs; scrambled with a little bit of salt sprinkled over the top.

   When we were all finished, Jay and Molly took all the plates and put them into the sink. I remember them telling me about how they had to switch off days doing the dishes, so I noticed Molly left Jay once she put the plates into the sink. Jay then began running them under some water and then placing them into the dishwasher. Get yourself a man who knows how to do the dishes am I right ladies?

   After thanking Mama and Papa Hype for the delicious home cooked breakfast, Molly and I went back upstairs to get ready for the day. I put on another of my casual outfits, because Molly said there was no need for anything fancy today. She also just told me to wear something comfortable.

   "Wait, do you like rollercoasters?" Molly asked, while we were sat in front of her vanity, working on our faces.

   "Yes, of course!" I replied. "They are so much fun!"

   "Good..." Molly trailed off.

   "Wow, you just gave away some of today's plans!" I said, feeling victorious as if I had discovered something incredible.

   "Shh, you heard nothing!" She said, before returning to her mascara.

   Jay knocked on the door to Molly's room, popping his head in and asking us if we were all ready to go. We were just about finished, so we said yes and followed him to the car.

   During the way there, I noticed us going through the same streets as yesterday. Were we going to the same place? Well, there were a lot of different things at the strip, so maybe we were just going to do something else there. Whatever it was, I was definitely looking forward to it.

x

Sorry that this chapter is shorter than usual. It also took a little longer than usual to get this update out. I have had so much homework recently and school is very important to me. But luckily I am squeezing in as much time during random sporadic times of the day to work on new updates. You'll never catch me without a draft saved and in the works. :)