Worked

~Geno Sans

 It had been a few weeks since nightmare left. Since the host sans was getting more and more anxious around Fresh I had him separated from Fresh. I also completely forgot that Fresh needed souls to live, it was a good thing I had a stash of my own. Don't ask how or why. They're all for..... research purposes I guess. Error and Ink and Dream were gone, only I was there, with the host Sans and Fresh, of course. I shoved a Papyrus soul into Fresh(I had knocked him out at the time) and got back out of the cell and shut the door. When Fresh woke up I was about to say something when I heard a muffled scream come from outside the door.

I burst out of the room and stood in the doorway as I came to nightmare covering the host Sans mouth and smiling menacingly as he wrapped up the host Sans in his tentacles making sure not to hurt him or fill him with fear in any way. He then smiled at me not saying anything and shot his tentacles at me. 

I didn't have time to dodge because of my leg, so he just plunged the tentacles into my chest and shot out the other end, barely missing my soul. If the tentacles moved at all, I would be dead. Gone. Dust. I decided to go limp. If I moved at all I would be dead so might as well just go with the flow for now.

Surprisingly they didn't touch me at all, and Nightmare had grabbed Fresh and teleported somewhere.He tied up the host sans and set me down somewhere. He let the tentacle out too fast however because when he did I jolted with the tentacle for a bit before being thrown down. I gasped for air, and since I couldn't move because of my legs and how nightmare treated me, I sat and watched nightmare actually speak with the Fresh Sans(Him probably just staying because he was happy he was let out of the cage). 

I heard the Host Sans trying to talk to someone so I looked up and saw that the Dust Sans was literally chained to the wall, black liquid all over his chest, most likely from nightmare torturing him, but why? Was it because the Dust Sans was sane for once?  Did he disobey orders? I had no idea, but the Host Sans kept prodding for him to talk, asking him if he was alright. He was barely moving, clenching his hand into a fist once in a while.

The Dust Sans just mumbled, "In the height of misery and pain you must accept your fate, for if you don't, like the blue jay and the squirrel, you will be fighting against something or someone for a lost cause. The nut is your goal, and the blue jay is your enemy keeping you from that goal. If you learn to accept the fact that your goals, hopes, dreams, will never become reality, when you learn to give up, that is when you are most at peace. The blue jay gets the nut and takes it away, and you are left with your own deplorable life and thoughts to deal with. And if the blue jay wants anything more to do with you, just accept it. Give up. It's the only way to true satisfaction. For the blue jay of course. You, however, just live to die, swim up to be pulled further into the problem, drowning in your own sorrows. It's useless to move on. "

I could tell that the Dust Sans was losing it again, but he didn't have the crazed look in his eye, it was more like depression. The Host Sans just stared for a second before moving back in place, eyes blank. He was thinking hard about what the Dust Sans said, I could tell. But there was no need to. He was clearly saying to give up on life, everything you've strived for, just to kiss it goodbye because it's not gonna happen. For example, from nightmare torturing him, he has just decided to give up and take his beatings and know that he was never going to be free again. But this has driven him to insanity, and that's something nobody likes. 

I resumed watching Fresh and Nightmare talk until Nightmare said something that disturbed me a little.