Mid-term

~Dust Sans

From what nightmares told me, in which I didn't understand or DIDN'T CARE, was that Dream kept him from spreading chaos around the AUs, and how Dream needed to be stopped, blah blah blah yadda yadda yadda. He also kept these stupid Papyruses around me that "Watched over" me to make sure I didn't escape. That was stupid, and I didn't like them much. But I kept quiet around them. They seemed not as torturous as nightmare, but still.

One time, Nightmare came in, but he was different. Looked like a regular Sans, really. I couldn't tell the difference. Nightmare was nightmare. It was when he started untying me from my chains that I was confused as all hell.

He kept saying things like "I'm so sorry", or "I won't do it again", but I didn't care about that. It was the fact that he was letting me go that I was happy about. Then something happened, I dunno really what happened, but before I could escape I had stupid Ink all over my body.

I needed to go somewhere, the only person I knew by far was Fresh, and I don't know about Ink or Error yet. I stupidly decided to teleport to him because I didn't know where else to go. He was alone, but he seemed surprised to see me covered in ink. I also dunno how, but I could speak freely now, without sounding like an idiot, so I decided to try to talk to him.

"Look. I know we aren't on the... best terms, but work with me on this, ok? I know you're still in there, look at me, I was. I don't like the fact it has you. Why does it keep coming after you anyway? You the best host it ever had? You taste like its favorite BBQ or somethin? Anywaaay. I'm getting off topic. Nightmare still has me, and is like, coming after me right now, so it would be great if you would like maybe- what am I saying. Fuck it." Fresh was confused I could tell. Probably because this conversation was aimed at the host. I kept talking.

"Just sayin, whatever I said to you back there, I didn't mean it. I don't mean anything I do. Kinda like you right now. Except I'm insane, and always will be for now on, but you have a chance. Please, don't waste it. *sigh*.... Welp. I'm off to go to grillbys since no one is here, mind coming with me? I get lonely when I have no one, and I don't want to start seeing a made up Papyrus again."

He reluctantly agreed, and I went into the grillbys and started ransacking the whole thing for some sort of food. Fear did not taste good, at. All.

That's when nightmare found us.