3rd Year

After getting yet another glass of water, and a cookie, Harry sat down to start his third year. Before he could, however, Percy came over. Percy, after pulling him from his private thoughts, asked him a question nobody else had.
"Harry," Percy asked cautiously.
Harry looked up and smiled slightly, still not meeting his dim green eyes. "Yeah, Percy?"
"It might not be my business, I know we're not as close as my other brothers and you are, and I'm sorry about that. But, I still care about you. What happened to your eyes? They used to be so bright, full of emotion. Your smile used to cover your face.  It doesn't anymore. Don't think I'm the only one who noticed."
Harry smiled sadly. "Thanks Percy. It means a lot you care. And, well, it happens with war. I'm sure you'll get more what I mean when I'm finished with what was supposed to be my 7th year. We should go get started. I'd rather not have to grieve for Sirius all over again, and this is gonna be all about him."
  With that, they stood up, and began the year's story.

  "So, yknow how we always get homework for during the summer holidays, right?" After receiving a nod, Harry continued. "Well, I wasn't allowed to. So I did it in the middle of the night, under a blanket. Then I hid it under a loose floorboard."

George grinned. Harry smiled back.

"That summer, was the summer that Ron called. I know you've all heard the story, so I won't go into details. Basically, he called, but he yelled, like, really loud. Vernon was pretty mad, but I turned out okay, punishment wasn't that bad."

"What was your punishment?" Ginny asked.

Harry shrugged.
  "Nothing bad, I don't really remember...okay. That's a lie. I do remember. But I can't help it. I don't like talking about the Dursleys. Anyway, moving along. I got some amazing gifts from my friends, a book that bit you from Hagrid," He chuckled here. "Sneakoscope from Ron, and Quidditch set from Hermione. Let me say Mione, that set kept me out of trouble forever." They grinned at each other. "Then, I got the permission form for Hogsmeade. It was the first time in my life, I actually was glad for my birthday." He smiled again.

"Now. Time to hear about Marge." He frowned. "The day I'm telling you about is the day I'm learning she's coming over.  So I sat down, and who comes on the screen but...Sirius." He smiled weakly. "He was always going on about his hair, but that day, on the screen," he let out a low whistle. "It was terrible. Worse than mine, actually." They all laughed sadly. "So, the Dursleys were first to say he deserved to be dead, of course." He mumbled a few choice words, even Molly didn't scold him. "Then I found out Marge was coming. Needless to say, I wasn't happy. In the past, she's hit me with her cane, in the shins, head, anywhere. She's sent her vicious dogs after me, leaving me in a tree for almost 24 hours, and numerous other things. So, knowing otherwise they wouldn't sign the permission form, I told Vernon I'd only agree to his story that I went to St. Brutus' Secure Center For Incurably Criminal Boys."

Their mouths all dropped.
1...2...3..
"WHAT??!!"
Harry nodded. "I know. Anyway, I told Vernon I'd only go along with it if he signed my form."

"Harry! You blackmailed him?!" Molly exclaimed.

Harry shrugged. "Hey, I have some very Slytherin qualities. I do what I have to survive. Another Slytherin quality. Now can you see how I could've been in Slytherin?"

Ron rolled his eyes, though George was grinning again.

"Anyway, he agreed. It was fine until the last night, at dinner.
  Throughout the week, she just threw out little insults, here and there. 'Don't be ungrateful' 'Belong in an orphanage' She asked if they used a cane at Brutus' and I said yeah, only thing keeping me from insulting her, my form for Hogsmeade. So, by time the last night came, I was already mad. Then, she came after my...parents." He growled out the last part, clenching the table so hard, they weren't sure which was more likely to break, the table, or his fingers. "She said, and I quote, 'You mustn't blame yourself for the way the boy's turned out Vernon, if there's something rotten on the inside, there's nothing anyone can do about it.' I was mad at first, but then she said this. 'It's one of the basic rules of breeding, You see it all the time with dogs.' "