Happy Birthday

Nothing really eventful happened until February 13th, Luna's birthday. The night before, she was allowed to sleep in Harry's quarters. Harry woke up first, letting her sleep while he made her breakfast. Soon he returned, accompanied by a floating trey and food. He gently climbed back into the bed, trailing kisses along her face to wake her up.

She slowly opened her eyes, before turning over and smushing her face into a pillow.

"Luna, Darling, wake up. It's your birthday." Harry whispered, playing with her hair.

"No!" Luna moaned, covering her face with a fluffy blanket.

Harry chuckled, changing into a cat, and pouncing on her.

"Ahh!" She yelped, falling off the bed. "Harry Potter!"

Harry meowed, swishing his tail.

She sat back up on the bed, and grabbed a floating glass of orange juice. "Eat with me Har."

He changed back, grabbing some pancakes from the sky. "Happy Birthday Darling," He grinned at her.

She shook her hair out of her face. "Thank you. I can't believe I'm 17."

"Finally, no Trace, eh?" Harry smiled.

"Yeah, what are we doing today?"

"Well, what do you wanna do?" Harry asked.

"Well, it'd be nice just to lounge around, honestly." Luna shrugged.

"Alright, that's what we'll do then. It's a Saturday, so no class, wanna stay here, or...?"

"Stay here, and invite Hermione, Neville, Ginny, and Ron."

"Alright. Want me to do your hair?"

She shrugged. "Sure. Just brush it and redo the bun." She told him, taking out her messy bun and summoning a brush.

Harry brushed it out completely, feeling how soft it was, and then putting it up.

"Alright, I'll go get them, and then we'll chill, if you want anything, call Kreacher."

She nodded, grabbing the spare clothes she had. They were gray sweatpants and a black cropped t-shirt, which said 'cK' on it.

---------------------------------------------------------

Hermione had brought her books, Ginny brought a set of art supplies, Neville brought blankets and pillows, and Ron brought over a ton of food and drinks. Harry grinned. "This is great."

"Let's make a fort!" Ginny yelled, getting excited cheers.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

"Yeah, I'm gonna miss this." Hermione told them with a frown, leaning in Ron's arms, in his jumper. "You know, when we're all in different places."

"Yeah," Ginny agreed. "I mean, Luna's gonna be travelling who knows where, Harry's here, Ron'sat the Shop, Hermione's, wait, where will you be?"

"Well, I was planning on going to the Ministry. I want to help kids, make sure they're in good homes, kinda help with the Marauder's Children's Home, Harry's doing. It'll help if I'm part of the Ministry, I think. I mean, think about it! Voldemort wouldn't have become, well, Voldemort, if he'd had a good home. And Harry, Snape, Sirius, think of Ariana!"

Harry grinned. "Great idea, Mione! Would you help me get everything set up and running? We should get people to work there, you know."

"We could enlist houselves, if they want, of course. No sense in them staying here, with no work." Ron suggested.

Hermione looked as if she was going to tell him off, but instead said, "If they volunteer, and we'd need to ask theHeadmistress."

"Ask me what?" she asked, poking her head into their fort. "And why are you in a fort?"

Neville grinned."It's Luna's birthday, so we're chilling, and we built a fort."

"I'm aware." Minerva smiled, sitting down with them. "Happy birthday, Luna."

"Thanks."

"Professor, is it okay if the elves help with the MC Home over the summer?" Harry asked, receiving a nod.

"Thanks!"

--------------------------

"Luna, I know you're leaving after this year, and since it's your birthday, I figured this was the best time..." Harry told her digging in his pocket. "Um, it's here somewhere..." He finally pulled out a small box, but dropped it, bending down, crawling around to find it. "Aha!"

He gave her the box, and she gasped upon opening it. "It's...beautiful!"

The necklace was long, reaching past Luna's chest, and had several charms: a cat, hare, lightning bolt, heart, and butterbeer cork.

"See, the cat's for my animangus, the hare for your patronus, lightning bolt, is pretty obvious, and the cork is because you were wearing a necklace with them when we met. Like it?"

She kissed him, muttering, "Of course! I love you."

"I love you too."