Seventh Year Part 10

When they finally resumed the story, it was Hermione who began.

"So, after we left the graveyard, we saw this lady, Bathilda Bagshot. Author of Hogwarts, A History. Which, now that I think about it, should really be updated...anyway, she basically lured us into her house, wouldn't speak, Harry went upstairs with her, turns out she was really a snake, Nagini, possessing her body, and I heard Harry yelling for me -- he went up on his own -- and I ran uo there of course."

"Then," Harry continue for her, "a fight kinda broke out. The snake was keeping me there, not killing me,"

"Oh, thank God." Molly whispered.

"Until Voldemort could come."

Molly sighed as Charlie patted her shoulder.

"Well, to sum it up, Harry eventually got loose, I had to cast a spell, his wand snapped,"

"Oh no!" Hagrid exclaimed.

"He grabbed me, we jumped out of a window,"

You could hear their mouths snap open with several POP! noises.

Ron face palmed. "Harry!? Why the hell would you jump out of a window!?"

  Harry grimaced. "Not my best idea, I'll admit."

"But, with Him coming, it was that or death. So it's okay." Neville relented.

So, in the middle of us falling, Harry couldn't keep Voldemort out of his mind anymore." Hermione explained.

Harry shrugged helplessly. "Yeah. Got to see my parents' deaths from Voldemort's point of view. Real nice, that."

Luna smiled at him, and then traced his hand with circles.

By time I could Apparate us to another campsite, Harry was in a . . ."

"Sort of fit?" Ron finished.

Hermione nodded tearfully. "It...it was horrible." She sobbed, leaping into Ron's arms. "I know, I know they are." Ron knew how terrible it was, seeing Harry like that.

Uh," Harry continued awkardly. "She had to...burn? yeah, burn the horcrux off my chest with a spell. So it left another scar there."

Ginny hesitated. "Harry? Did-did you get another scar when you were hit? The secind Killing Curse?"

Harry tensed, but nodded. "Yeah. Left another lightning like one. This scar though, from the locket, was more of a circle."

"Basically, when Hermione got us back, safe, in the tent, and I'd finally woken, I took watch with her wand, because mine had broken beyond repair."

"Wait." Fleur stopped him, pointing at his wrist. "Vut, you 'ave it right zhere. Een your vand 'older on your vrist."

Harry smiled. "Yeah, well, remember what I said to Voldemort at the Battle? Elder wand?"

"But, that's just a child's tale. It doesn't exist. Like with ghe Cloak and Stone. You can't really bring people back to the dead. And Invisibility Cloaks only stay that way for a matter of time." Percy debated.

Harry shrugged. "Okay, then how has my Cloak been in the family for years, a tradition for father to give to son? It was my dad's and his Dad's, and his...and so on."

"Well, someone's probably just charmed it a lot."

Harry smiled. "Then, with the stone, how did I see Sirius, Remus, and my parents when I walked in the Forest?"

"Simple. Illusion."

Minerva chimed in. "I've seen the memory."

"As have I." Ron, Hermione, and Andromeda told him.

Percy huffed. "Well...oh fuck, I give up!"

"Percy! You never curse!" Molly exclaim.

George was staring at Harry. "That's it. You are...truly a god." He flung himself at Harry's feet. "I am not worthy, oh Great One."

Harry laughed, his face buried in Luna's hair.

"Okay, everyone. That's it for right now. We need a break. I need to talk to Harry." Minerva commanded.

Harry looked up at her confused. "What for Professor?"

"I'll tell you when we're alone. Let's head somewhere private, maybe Hogwarts or Grimmauld."

"Wait!" Luna exclaimed. "Can I come?"

"Well, I suppose Miss Lovegood. I needed to talk to you as well."

"How about Hogwarts?" Harry supplied.

So, they went.

■•••°•••°•••°•••°•••°•••°•••°•••°•••°•••°•••°•••°•••°•••°■

Once they were in Minerva's office, she began. "Sit down, and listen. You should answer with 100% honesty. Is that understood Harry?"

"Yes ma'am." Harry gulped.

"What is it you want to do with your life?"

Harry paused, looking back at Luna. She squeezed his hand. "It's okay. Just tell her the truth."

"A professor. Specifically DADA."

Minerva smiled. "Well, that's convenient. It just so happens I need a DADA professor."

Harry grinned. "That's. . . great Professor! But, do you rhink that'd really be okay? Do I have qualifications?"

She rolled her eyes. "Harry, who defeated Voldemort?" She answered herself. "You did. Why, you've been ready somce your fifth year!"

Harry smiled. "I-well, of course professor!"

She smiled. "Let me know a good time to set everything up. Now, Miss Lovegood, what I'm about to discuss is a very personal matter. Would you like Harry-"

"I'd like him to stay." Luna said firmly, grabbing Harry's arm.

"Very well." Minerva agreed, smiling slightly at the young couple. "I'll give you the worst of the news first. Your father,"

Luna sucked in an anxious breath.

"His condition has gotten worse. I suggest you see him as soon as possible."

Luna nodded against Harry's shoulder, Harry caressed her hair gently.

"The other news, or question, is that this year is a sort of make up year for any students that came last year or weren't able to come. The first years from last year and the first years for this year will be together, and everyone else will  have a choice to retake the last year. Are you going to be coming back?"

Luna nodded.

"Very well! Please let Mr. Longbottom and tge Weasleys know. I would do it myself, but I have much to do. Harry, let me know when I need to return to the Weasleys." Minerva sat down, turning to some paperwork.

Harry nodded. "Will do Professor. Anything you'd like help with?"

She smiled at him. "No, Harry. I'll be fine. You can go now."

As the two left, Harry heard her call, "and Harry?"

"Yes?"

"Remember to call me Minerva. And Floo or Owl me to let me know when you're free to talk."

"Will do Pro -- um, I mean -- Minerva."

She laughed as she heard the two walk around the corridors.