Spaghetti Dinner

Luna looked up from where she was editing the latest Quibbler paper. "Did you now?"

Harry nodded happily. "Is Delilah here?"

Luna nodded. "George just dropped her back off an hour ago. He gave her too much candy, and she crashed. She's in her bed." She stood up to help Harry, who was struggling with his coat. "What's this jib you're so excited about?"

He smiled at her, engulfing her in a hug. He was surprisingly giddy, better than him being depressed, she supposed. "I was actually offered a job by the Aurors."

She sat down with him in the sitting room. "But you told me you didn't want that?"

"I didn't, but it's better than no job, right? Besides, it'll warm on me."

She frowned at him. She wanted him happy, not settling. "I don't want you miserable, Har. Honestly, between the two of us, we have enough gold to live without jobs our while lives, and the girls could live without working as well. Please don't settle."

"I really want to work, Lu. I can't, not, you know?"

She nodded. "Is there anything you'd rather do? Besides teach Hogwarts students?"

He thought before chuckling.

"What?" She asked, leaning against him.

"A Potter, doing pottery!" He laughed again as she rolled her eyes fondly.

"Very funny Love. But really, is there?"

He shook his head. "I don't want to play Quidditch professionally. I've wanted to be an Auror since fifth year, so maybe it won't be so bad." He shrugged.

She sighed, but the babies soon began wailing. Both Potters stood, but Harry told her to rest. "I've got it, rest, you've been working all day."
—-
It turns out, being an Auror was more paperwork than field work, but Harry soon got his chance. Chance to die, that is. He hadn't had that chance in awhile, and he had missed it, surprisingly. That sounded depressing.

"Delilah, dear, is Papa home?" Luna asked, bouncing Juniper on her knee.

Delilah peered out the bay window in the kitchen. "Nuh uh, Mama. Is he late?"

"Don't worry, baby girl. We'll cook dinner tonight, he's on his first field mission."

She but her lip, but forced herself not to worry. "How does spaghetti sound?" She asked.

Delilah cheered, and Luna sat Juniper in a baby seat at the table.

When she turned around, Delilah was searching for ingredients. Luna picked her up so she could reach the shelf, and she blasted some music, NSYNC which, she had to admit, was her favorite.
—-
The three girls in bed, Luna half asleep on the sofa, it was 11:30 pm. Harry quietly opened the door and tiptoed inside.

Luna stirred when he stubbed his tow in a cabinet. "Har?"

He whispered in regret, "Sorry I woke you, Lu."

She shook her head. "It's alri—what happened to you?!"

See, the field mission hadn't gone quiitteee as planned. They were supposed to disarm a "New Death Eater" and put them in a holding cell. But it turns out they had a few partners who knew Sectumsempra and a few other — more gory — curses.

So here Harry was, practically dripping with blood, some if which he knew wasn't his. "Oh, just a few scratches, don't worry Love."

She shook her head at him a d cast several Episkey's.

He winced. "How bad do I look?"

He hadn't looked in a mirror yet. He'd wanted to come home as soon as he could.

"Not the best, so much blood. What happened? And is this a...?" She held up dead bird.

He took it from her and set it aside. "Yeah, I don't think any other animals were hurt though. It must've gotten in the crossfire."

She nodded, slightly sick now. "Explain what happened?"

He did.

"They used spells that sucked organs out?" She shivered. "I suppose we're lucky you don't have anything worse."

He nodded. "Yeah, suppose we are. Sorry I missed dinner. Is Delilah upset?"

She shook her head. "Confused, I think. You'll be here tomorrow?"

"Of course. I wanted to tonight, I tried sending a message, but I couldn't."

She hugged him, resting her hands on his shoulders and pecking his lips. "Don't worry yourself, Har. Why don't we get some sleep?"

He nodded, and they both fell asleep on the sofa, where tomorrow their backs would be aching.