Christmas

"Happy Christmas Mr. Potter." Luna whispered.

"Happy Christmas Miss Lovegood." Harry muttered, half asleep.

Luna rolled out of bed and scrambled over to where Delilah's small cot was. They had wanted to move her into her own room, but they worried she might hurt herself since this was all relatively new to her. "Good morning Delilah. Ready to get up?"

Delilah reached for Luna's arms, and cuddled closer when she was lifted out. "Come on, let's get you changed while Harry showers."

"Hello little lady. Do you want to wear red today?" He asked.

Delilah nodded, pulling on her hair.

It was weird, honestly. When she had arrived a week ago, her hair was barely past her ears. Now however, it was nearly past her chin and curlier than ever! "Hey, don't pull it out. It might hurt." Luna chided gently. "You know Harry, maybe you should talk to Hermione. I don't know how to deal with curly hair well."

Harry sighed. "Lu, you know I would, but she says she won't talk to me until Delilah leaves, and that's not happening!"

"I know Love, I know." Luna soothed. "Now go shower."

Harry grinned, kissing her. "Yuck, brush your teeth."

She laughed, swatting his arm.
——————
"La, la, la, brush the hair, brush the hair, brush the tangles out!" Harry heard Luna singing to Delilah.

Harry quickly dried off his hair and threw on his pants and shirt before calling, "Alright Luna, your turn!"

"Okay! Can you try doing Delilah's hair?" Luna asked, passing by.

Harry nodded. "Of course." He swooped Delilah up and o to his lap smiling as she giggled. "Okay, what should we do? Hmmm."

"Brush it!" Delilah cheered.

Luna poked her head out of the bathroom. "Delilah, Dear, did you just talk?"

"Sorry."

"Oh, no, Delilah, we're happy. That's a good girl!" Harry assured her.

She grinned at him. "Good girl."

He grabbed a comb and gently brushed her blonde curls before getting a rubber band and pulling as much as he could up. "There. How did I do?"

She stood up so she could see in the vanity mirror. She gave the reflection a thumbs up, then shrieked when Harry snatched her into his arms and held her upside down.

Luna walked out and grabbed her to stand her up again. "Ready for breakfast?"

"Pancakes?"

"Lots of them." Harry agreed, chasing after her.
—————-
As soon as Delilah had sat down, Hermione stormed away, after glaring at Harry, but Delilah didn't seem to mind, until she'd eaten her full, she asked the full room, "Why does My Knee hate me?"

Everyone looked down at their plates, but Luna said, "Delilah, people might not always like you for reasons that sound ridiculous, and they are. Can you believe most of the people here used to make fun of me?"

Delilah looked around the room. "Nuh uh!"

Luna nodded.

"Even Harry?"

Luna smiled over at Harry. "No, Harry's always been amazing."

Harry blushed and ate more pancakes.
——————
"Happy Christmas Hermione." Harry told the angry brunette and handed her a wrapped box. "You might be mad at me, but I love you."