The Howlers

In three days' time, the Quibbler article had been published and bought by nearly everyone in Hogwarts and in the Wizarding World. Luna had met Harry at the entrance to the Great Hall that morning. "It's the fastest we've ever sold out, Har! I can't believe it, Dad'll be so happy." She became quiet after that, letting Harry kiss her as they parted ways for breakfast.

Harry sat next to Minerva, and asked, "Why's it so quiet?"

She rolled her eyes. "They're all reading the Quibbler."

Several minutes later, he heard several gasps and whispers broke out.

"Ah, there's the whispers." Harry muttered, letting Obsidian have some eggs.

The next day was when the commotion would really start . . .

---------------------------
Harry was again at breakfast when a Howler came flying in.

Minerva sighed beside him. "I've always hated when parents sent those. I don't think giving ammo to bullies is the best way to deal with behavior."

Harry nodded. "When Ron got one, people were making fun of him for weeks."

Suddenly it landed directly in front of him.

Filius frowned at him. "Hmm, never heard of professors getting Howlers."

Harry grimaced, opening it. Hee hardly had time to blink when it burst into screams, "HOW DARE YOU ALLOW YOURSELF NEAR CHILDREN!! YOU'RE DANGEROUS!" Before it exploded, and several more came in.

Harry sighed, looking at the students, most of whom were looking at him, wide-eyed.

Several more landed, all screaming at him, before a large one landed in front of Minerva.

She gulped, opening it. "HOW COULD YOU HIRE POTTER?! HE'S DISEASED! HE COULD INFECT OUR CHILDREN! HE COULD HAVE YOU KNOW WHO IN HIM! HE'S A FREAK OF NATURE! FREAK FREAK FRE--!"

Harry spotted Luna, Ginny, Hermione, Neville, and several other D.A. members looking ready to light it on fire, but Minerva did so first, stopping it midsentence.

The hall turned to see Harry staring at his plate, picking at his biscuit. He decided he wasn't hungry, setting Obsidian on his plate so he could eat easier, and sitting there, staring into nothing.

Luna looked at Hermione and frowned, wanting to go to him, but knowing she couldn't.

A few minutes of silence, and Minerva stood, saying, "Ten minutes to class! Get moving!"
-----------------------------------------------------
Harry was sitting at his desk, waiting for his students to leave, when Damiana came up to him. "Sir,"

Harry looked up. "Yes, Miss Zhang?"

"I...I know that Howler bothered you, but try not to listen to them. They're just some idiot who probably is failing at life."

Harry smiled. "Thanks Miss Zhang."

"No problem, Professor! I've gotta go, Charms lesson. Bye!" She called, waving. "Oh, and Professor, you should let your hair down more often. It looks nice."

Harry chuckled.

-----------------------------------------------------
"Hey Lu, Gin, Mione, Nev." Harry called, walking to their tree.

"Hey, Har." Luna said, with a smile.

"Hey, Harry." Neville muttered, playing with his plant.

"Hey Harry." Hermione called, not looking up from her book.

"Sup!" Ginny yelled, making a peace sign with her hand.

Harry looked at her oddly. "What...why did you--?"

Luna laughed. "She learned it in Muggle Studies."

"Ah," Harry said awkwardly, sitting down by Luna.

"You alright?" Luna asked, sitting on his lap.

Harry nodded.

Hermione looked at him suspiciously. "You sure?"

"Yes," he told her. "Why?"

Ginny laughed. "This morning?! C'mon Harry, you're not that much an idiot!"

Harry swatted at her hair playfully. "Look, I was bothered by it, but I'm fine now! Miss Zhang helped a bit, besides, I'm surprised I never got one before. People have hated me for years."

Luna sighed. "I'm really sorry, I didn't think--"

"Hey," Harry told her, brushing her cheek with his thumb. "Don't you feel bad. It's not your fault."

She smiled, as Ginny chuckled, leaning against Neville as he grinned and Hermione hid her smile.

-----------------------------------------------------