F e e l i n g s

"Harry, how did the meetings go?" Molly asked once they'd tumbled from the Floo.

Harry shrugged. "Fine, thanks. Mind if I use the bathroom before we leave again?"

"Of course not. You know where it is by now." Molly patted his back as he left.

Luna sighed as Delilah ran off to find Aunt Ginny.

"What happened? Harry looks..."

"I think he's upset. The Minister didn't quite please him."

"Oh no. He didn't fight with another Minister?"

"I wish he had." Luna said, surprising Molly. "It'd be better than this, closed off, Harry."

Harry came down the stairs, holding Nova, as Ginny carried Juniper. "Ready girls?"

Ginny snorted. "Not one boy in your house. I think it's the opposite of the Weasleys."

Luna chuckled as Harry smiled, strained.

They Floo'd away again.
—-
That night, everyone but Harry and Luna asleep, Ron Floo'd over. "Oi, Mate!" He yelled.

Harry sighed and got up. "Shh, you'll wake them all up. What's going on?"

"Why don't you tell me? Neville and Minerva both called. You're not returning their calls?"

Harry sighed. "My meeting with Kingsley didn't go well. I figured if I ignored their calls I'd put it off." He shrugged. "Pretty stupid, I know. I should've known it wouldn't work."

"Mind catching me up?"

Luna yawned, leaning against Harry's back. "Kingsley's making Harry quit Hogwarts."

"The fuck?? Why?" Ron demanded. It was utterly ridiculous.

"I'm a danger to the kids." Harry shrugged, as though it was obvious. "I knew it was too good to last."

"Still not getting it." Ron shook his head, raiding their cupboards.

Harry sighed. "People are trying to kill me...blah, blah, blah...i have to stop teaching, out of a job,"

Luna sighed sadly. "I hate it. It's not fair."

Ron groaned. "It's stupid. I'll see if Mione—"

"Don't bother. It's not worth it. I'll se if I can get another job. Maybe I could work in Muggle Connections?"

Ron snorted. "You, a desk job?"

Harry shrugged. "What else is there?"

Luna frowned. "We should get back to bed, care to stay Ron?"

Ron shook his head. "Nah, I'll be getting back to Mione. We'll figure something out, don't worry Mate."
—-
The Floo flared during breakfast and Harry finally answered. "I'm resigning." He sighed.

Minerva looked at him. "Excuse me?"

"Minister told me to resign. Do I have to sign or?"

She sighed. "You can't finish out the year?"

"I'm too much of a threat, apparently."

"That's absolutely ridiculous." Minerva huffed.

Harry shrugged. "Just tell the students I'm proud of them, please. I'll miss them."

"Don't give up, Harry. We'll fix this."

That night, as Luna was cuddling with him, Harry dropped his careless facade and started crying.

She stroked his hair. "It's alright. We'll fix this."

"Why am I crying?" He sobbed.

"You love teaching, it's natural."

"I don't want to cry."

"Shh, Love. Let it out. You deserve to let yourself cry."

So, Harry cried, and Luna rubbed his back, giving him the love he deserved.

Harry wondered why everyone kept saying everything was fine. It obviously wasn't. If it was, he sure as hell wouldn't be balling his eyes out in his wife's lap.