Goodbye Feast

At breakfast newrly two days later, Minerva stood, calling attention. "Students! As I'm sure you've all noticed, Professor Potter has been absent. This is not because he is sick, or wants to be, I assure you. He has resigned."

Whispers broke out.

"Attention! Attention! I am currently trying to convince the Minister to let Professor Potter come back, but he isn't budging. For the remains of this year, you will be having Bill Weasley teach Defense Against the Dark Arts."

She sat down as the students whispered or yelled angrily.
——
Sunday dinner at the Burrow was — odd. Harry wasn't his cheerful self.

"Did you see the paper?" Hermione asked angrily.

Charlie rolled his eyes. "As if Harry'd ever resign from Hogwarts!"

Luna made to interrupt, but Bill interrupted. "It's uh, true."

"What?" Half the table shook with the volume.

Harry nodded. "The Minister made me resign." He shrugged, melancholy look on his face. "Molly, can I do the dishes?"

She nodded, stunned.

Ron shook his head angrily. "That's not fair! Harry's one of the best Professors there. And after everything he's done fir those kids?! Whose the bastard that's taking his job?"

Bill cleared his throat. "I am."
—-
Skye sat down to write her father again.
Father,
I'm nit sure if you're aware, but Potter's been made to resign as professor. Is there anything I can do?
Blue

She shook her head at the stupid code name. Just because her name was Skye it had to be the color of the sky. Ugh.
—-
"Har," Luna said, kissing his forehead as he stared up at the ceiling.

"Mm?" He mumbled.

"Do you want to talk? I can tell you're getting to be depressed."

"I'm sorry, Lu." He sighed.

"Don't be sorry, Love. Let's eat and get the kids up."

Harry smiled. The kids. He liked the sound of that.

"Papa?"

"Yes, baby girl?" He asked.

"When can I play with Juni and Nova?"

"I don't know, they're only a month." He sat up. "What do you want to wear?"

She jumped off the bed and dragged him to her room. "I wanna be girly today."

He nodded. "Okay, how about we give you a pretty skirt and...this shirt?" He held up a jean skirt and white shirt.

She cheered. "Can my hair go in the two donuts?"

"Donuts?"

"Two buns on each side of her head!" Luna called, walking past with her long hair dripping.

Harry nodded. "That's what you want?"

She nodded, and he got to work.

—-
"Har, I'm heading to Andy's to see about more cream." Luna told him.

He shook his head. "I'm okay, actually. That massage helped more than the cream."

She nodded. "If you're sure. Delilah, baby girl, do you want to go to school like the Muggle children?"

Delilah looked up from where she was battling her cereal. "When do I go?"

Luna looked to Harry, who squinted his eyes in concentration. "You usually go when you're five, you'll start Primary, so it'll be another year, yet. Unless we school you at home, of course. Then you can start anytime before if that's what you wanted."

"Couldn't you do it? You're smart!" Delilah asked.

Harry blushed as Luna said, "He is very smart. But don't you want to meet kids your age?"

"Can we go to the park?" Delilah asked. "Aunt My Knee said those are fun."

"Sure," Harry made up his mind. "I'll take you, and then pick up a paper. They put ads for jobs in them sometimes."

Delilah nodded, going back to her cereal.
—-
A few days later, Harry came home excitedly.
"I found a job!"

Comment what you think Harry's job should be. : )

Secrets To KeepOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara