Extra Chapter

As soon as he finished, Harry stood up and rushed out, "Look, I need to talk to Ron. Please give me at least ten minutes before you follow." He kissed Luna's cheek, then sprinted out the door. They heard the unmistakable POP! of Apparation, and he was gone, leaving them to talk amongst themselves.

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●
"Ron? Hermione? Are you guys here?" Harry called, walking into Grimmauld Place. He stopped when he ran into Kreacher, literally.

"Oh, sorry Kreacher!" He apologized.

"No problem, Master Harry's. You is looking for Master Weasley and Mistress Mione?"

"Yeah, have you seen them?" Harry asked, but knew by the look on his elf's face he had, and it didn't look good.

Kreacher nodded. "They is in the kitchens. Would you like Kreacher to make food?"

Harry nodded. Ron would like that. "Ron's favorites please. So..everything you can." He laughed.

Harry ran to the kitchen, where he saw Ron staring at the wall sullenly and Hermione near tears.

Harry quietly crept next to them and pulled a chair out. "Hey Mate."

Ron didn't seem to hear.

"Um, Kreacher's making food. Your favorites."

Ron grunted. Harry and Hermione shared uneasy looks.

"Mate, you're blaming yourself, aren't you?" Harry tried.

Yep, this worked. Ron finally snapped out of t, jumping up from the table, making the chair clatter to the ground.

"WHY THE BLOODY HELL SHOULDN'T I? I'M SUCH AN ARSE, LEAVING YOU AND HERMIONE!"

He was walking towards Harry, making him step backwards until he was against the cupboards.

"YOU GUYS COULD'VE BEEN KILLED, STARVED, ANYTHING! AND I DAMN LEFT YOU!"

"Oh, Ron." Hermione whispered. She was ignored.

"I SAID YOU DIDN'T HAVE FAMILY, HARRY! BUT YOU DO! AND I WAS SUCH A DAMN"

"Ron, it doesn't matt-"

"BUT YOU KNOW WHAT THE WORST THING IS? I'M YOUR BEST FRIEND! YOU SHOULDN'T HEAR THAT FROM ME! I-I'M JUST AS BAD AS THE FUCKING DURSLEYS!"

Harry'd had enough, he stood to his full height, swung Ron around, so now he was cornered, and said in a voice so deep and stern, it scared Ron, "Ronald Bilius Weasley. Don't you ever, ever compare yourself to them again. They are monsters, and you are a damn angel compared to them. You are the best damn thing to happen to the little boy in the cupboard, and you'd best not forget it."

Ron gulped.

Harry sighed. "Ron, it's about time I let you in on a secret."

Ron looked confused. "You kept a secret from me?"

"Yeah," Harry admitted. "I kept it from everybody but Luna. And now Hermione's gonna see too."

Hermione smiled at him. "Not right now, this is your boy's thing. I'll be talking to Kreacher."

They left, up to Sirius' old room.

"Have a seat on the bed." Harry said, rummaging through some drawers.

Several tense minutes passed, until, "Aha!" Harry announced, emerging from a pile of junk. "I found it. So Ron, I write. Mostly poems but yeah. It's how I dealt with feelings this past year. They're terrible, but I poured my heart out. So, don't laugh, okay?"

Ron nodded. "Promise." He took the tattered book from Harry.

A Friend

I was the kid under the stairs
I never really cared.
Never had a single friend,
Hoping you'll stay till the end.
I saw you, standing there,
You were covered in freckles and red hair.

We bonded over food,
For once, others weren't rude.
You defended me in face of everyone,
I would have easily run.

We fought side by side,
I could always say what was on my mind.
You never judged me,
It was easy for me to see...

You are my best friend.

Even through the hard times,
The desperate times,
You are there.
You always care,
You never stared.
Well, that one time...

You are my brother from another mother.

Ron Weasley,
Loyal as can be.

Is that red hair I see?
Must be Ron Weasley.

No, but really,
You mean so much to me.
It makes me so mad,
When you are sad,
Why can't you see?
I'd be nowhere,
Without you and your flock of red hair.

So, Ron Weasley,
Never leave me.

   -H.J. Potter.

Harry was nervously watching Ron as he read, His tan skin steadily getting redder as time passed.

Hermione came in. "Guys, you were taking awfully long, so I came to check in-Harry? You okay? Your face is really red. Let me feel your forehead,"

Harry swiped her hand away. "Fine, just waiting for Ron to tell me what he thinks...of my poem."

. . .

"I knew it! I knew you wrote! Haha!" She chanted.

Ron awkwardly pulled Harry into a hug. "Th-thanks Mate. I-well,"

Harry smiled. "I know, Ron. I know."

Ron nodded. "You do know, what I said..."

"I know. And I meant what I wrote."

Hermione chuckled. "You two...are amazingly stupid. Say Harry,"

"Yes Mione, I wrote one about you too. And no, you can't read it right now." Harry quickly answered.

They all walked to the kitchen, ate with Kreacher, and then headed back to the Burrow where Luna had held everyone hostage.

"Er, Lu?" Harry asked.

"I had a feeling you needed more than ten minutes." She explained.

Hey everybody! So, as today is my birthday, I decided to give ya'll a chapter. Bye now!

Yeah, so, today's the day after my birthday, but I forgot to post yesterday

Yeah, so, today's the day after my birthday, but I forgot to post yesterday.  So, here.