Chapter. T W E L V E

Jill Malik P.O.V

"I'm so glad you could make it tonight!" Ximena squealed and hugged me tightly. She looked drop dead gorgeous in her azure blue dress, it complimented her eyes. Her hair was in a messy bun and she wore a blue flower crown. She looked like a princess, but she had all the right to look like a princess tonight. After all it's her engagement party.

Reina and I were invited to Ximena's engagement party. I was not sure if I could make it due so much work recently. Even though Ximena was my friend, I was still her employee and she expect the same from me as she does from other employees.

Hard work and dedication.

"Congratulations on your engagement." Reina congratulated Ximena. Reina and Ximena knew each other through me. They weren't really the bestest of friends, but they could get along really well.

"Thank you, how are you and Luca doing? I saw pictures of you guys in Daily mail." Ximena said smiling as she looked at Reina who was wearing a black chiffon dress.

Reina blushed. "He's doing great.. We're just..uhh friends."

"Ah, that's great." Ximena replied not really convinced by the hesitant answer of Reina.

Ximena's engagement part is held at the Manhattan penthouse. The venue was beautifully decorated and I wondered where Ximena got her wedding planner. Everything was perfectly arranged and the views from up here were spectacular.

The spacious Reception Room with elegant tables has arched windows on either side of the dance floor. There was also a beautiful bar with stained glass and oak paneling between the two doorways leading to the Ballroom.

I saw Blake coming towards us with a glass of champagne in his hand. He looked handsome in his blue tuxedo. His tousled black hair, which was thick and lustrous was combed neatly into a manbun. It suited him.

"Hello Jill, how are you?" he asked as he extended his hand for me for a handshake.

"I'm doing well and bytheway congratulations on your engagement."

He smiled. "Thanks, hope you have a great night so far."

I nodded my head. "Yes totally, it's beautiful up here."

"It is." he agreed. We talked for a while, but then he had to proceed to walk towards a table behind me to greet more people.

I decided to get something to drink at the bar, but halfway I got stopped by the trio that walked out of the elevator.

Flynn, Rodrigo, and Ellie.

"Jill!" Ellie squealed as she ran up to me. The pink lace dress she was wearing hugged all her curves in the right place. No doubt she will be the center of attention tonight. She hugged me tightly and when she released me I saw Rodrigo and Flynn behind her watching us with an amused expression plastered on their face.