Book 2. Chapter T H R E E

Flynn Vasilios P.O.V

"Flynn, can you get some cake for me? Please?" Ximena pleaded when I entered her room. Her room was filled with roses, gifts, chocolates, dresses, and makeup.

"Xim, you're about to get married, can't you at least wait until after?"

"Come on," She whined. "I'm really craving it!"

I let out an exasperated sigh and looked at my Cartier watch. There's still an hour left before the wedding. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and searched for the closest bakery.

"What cake do you want?" I asked, looking up from my phone.

Ximena's eyes lit up. Of course, it would. It always does when food is involved. "Red velvet!" She said happily. "Thank you so much, big bro." She walked up to me and hugged me tightly. I'm so happy she's finally happy and getting married.

"Can I say something?" She whispered, loosening me out of her hug. Her voice turned soft, almost in a whisper.

"What?" I asked as I studied her face that suddenly turned into a sad frown.

"You will not mind, would you?"

"Uh, No. I guess not." I have a feeling where this is going. I haven't talked about it.

"I... really wished Jill was her." She choked back a sob, her eyes filled with tears but she blinked it away immediately not wanting to ruin her makeup. "I miss her, Flynn."

My chest tightened when I heard her name. It felt like someone was choking me. I couldn't breath.

I miss her too, lil sis. I miss her too.

Since the day she left, I thought I was slowly dying a painful death. It literally felt like my heart was being ripped out of my chest when I came home and saw her engagement ring on the counter, on top of all the Polaroid's.

The Polaroid's were wet from her tears and god dammit, I never felt so sick and heartbroken in my entire life.

At that point I realized I lost her.

I wished I had just told her. When I saw the polaroids and the note attached to it, my whole body turned rigid.

Fucking Zoe. She was the one that had send those polaroids to Jill. I mean I would have told her eventually. But it was not supposed to go like that. She was not supposed to run away.

Leaving me behind heartless and in pain.

It wasn't really long after that when Ximena called, crying on the phone. She couldn't even speak properly. "Jill signed her resignation letter. Why?!" She sobbed, her cries turning louder.

Oh, I definitely knew why. It all has to do with me.

"Flynn? I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to bring back memories." Ximena whispered, nudging me softly on my side when she realized I was zoning out.

"You just did." I snapped, my eyes filling with tears. "You know how I feel about her Ximena. I can't talk about her and yet here you are reminding me about her!"

I took a deep breath to calm myself down.

"I'm sorry." She sputtered. "I just... You're not the only one in pain here, okay. It's because of your stupid decision that I lost my best friend. I always wanted her to be here. At my wedding. We always talked about it. It fucking hurts!"

"As if I wouldn't know!" I yelled out frustrated. "I miss her every single day! I can't even live in the mansion in peace without hearing her voice. I send her a letter, because I finally found her and she hasn't even responded yet. I don't expect her to forgive me. Fuck I don't!. But I just need to hear her voice. I just need to hear that she's... doing well. I miss her as much as you do, Ximena. And yes, I did something very stupid and dumb and god, I wished I could undo it, but I can't! I fucking can't!"