Chapter. T H I R T Y T W O

Jill Malik P

Jill Malik P.O.V

I sat there frozen in shock, waiting for Flynn to open his mouth and explain. I looked away, then looked back at my hand to see if it was still there. It was.

The room was silent, the only thing you could hear was the breathing of the two of us.

"I--I'm sorry," he stammered looking away from me. "I should have told you." His voice cracked as he said that. I've never saw him so nervous and scared in all the time I've known him.

"And why didn't you tell me?" I took a deep breath after I asked that question. "You thought it wasn't important for me?"

Six years long I've been living in misery, because I couldn't get over the one night stand. It was so hard to step into a relationship, because every time I did, it failed. I couldn't let go and I hated myself for that.

He looked back at me and I could see the guilt in his eyes. "You couldn't remember me. I can't just barge into your life and be like 'oh hey, you are my one night stand. I love you.' Would you believe me?"

I would definitely not believe him, at first.

"It's not that I forgot the one night stand. I didn't know who you were. I couldn't remember your face nor your name, because you left before I woke up plus I was wasted." I fidget with the necklace in my hand as I was trying to remain calm. "You could have show me the necklace and I would believe you."

"And have you been keeping tabs on me? I asked further, referring to the papers with my information in it. There were three different papers that were all kept together by a broken paperclip. All of three had my information in it. How creepy.

"I was a coward, I should've left you a note." He sat down in front of me and covered his face with his hands. "I knew that the night in Milan was more than a one night stand, but I thought I could forget about it and you would regret it in the morning. You were drunk after all. Drunk people always tend to regret the things they do once they sober up."

I shook my head. He thought so wrong. "I haven't forgot and regret anything. Six years later and I still can remember it like it had happened yesterday. But that's beside the point. The point is why haven't you told me. You saw me at Ximena's graduation and I'm pretty sure you recognized me."

"I thought the love was one sided. I thought you forgot about it and had already moved on." he admitted.

"You thought too much." I uttered.

He let out a huge sigh, but didn't say anything.

"You know this is considered lying right?" I said, raising an eyebrow.

"What?!" Flynn exclaimed looking up at me with wide eyes while running his hand through his hair. "How is it considered lying? You never asked so I never told you."

"You remembered me and you chose not to tell me? For me, that's considered lying Vasilios. I don't care what you think, but you should've told me the first time you met me and that was on Ximmy's graduation." I catched my breath and continued, "I don't know what to believe right now. This is something huge. It's my past and you kept it a secret from me."