Book 2. Chapter E I G H T

Jill Malik P.O.V

A couple hours later I found myself sitting next to Flynn, driving to the picnic destination. God, how did I end up here? In the back Amari was singing wheels on the bus for the nth time now. I think I might go crazy if we will not arrive soon.

"We're here!" Flynn announced as he pull up into a parking spot. He turned around and looked at Amari. "Look Princess, Aunt Ximmy is there!" Amari immediately looked outside and squealed. "Aunty Ximmy!" She fumbled with the seatbelt and tried to unbuckle it. "Daddy! Help me!"

Flynn stiffened and looked wideyed at his daughter. I didn't realize why he was shocked, until I replayed what she said in my head. Oh shit !

I covered my face hiding my embarrassment, this is all my fault. I should have never had called him that. Without saying a word he stepped out of the car and walked to the back seat to unbuckle Amari. As soon as Flynn unbuckled her she jumped out of the car and ran towards Ximena. She grew so attached to Flynn's family since they pamper her and treat her like a princess.

I stepped out of the car and walked over towards Flynn. "Yeah, I think you should get over that word." I said as I nudged him bringing him back to reality.

"Hell yeah! Why did you even call me that in the first place?" He looked at me intently waiting for me to answer. I turned my face to the other side so the heat that was rushing to my face would not show. I just shrugged instead. "We were young, things like that happen."

"Calling me daddy?" he snorted. "Yeah right."

I rolled my eyes and walked away. "Don't tell me you didn't like it."

I heard him snicker behind me and judging by his footsteps he was following me. "At one point I did, but now...not really."

His family spotted us walking towards them and a wide smile appeared on Rodrigo's face. "Jill!" He greeted excitedly. "Didn't expect to see you here."

"Took me hours of convincing." I heard Flynn mutter next to me. "Hey mom, hey dad...Geez old man that's a lot of roses you got there."

I look at Flynn's parents and from the looks of it they were still madly in love with each other. His father looked at us and grinned. "Today is the anniversary when your mom and I met. Of course it asked for a celebration."

I let out a sigh as I watched them. They were so cute. The kind of couple goals everyone wants, but not everyone can get. Growing old with the person you love, how many of us don't want that? I turned around and looked at Amari who was taking selfies on Ximena's phone. I walked over to them.

"Are you having fun with Aunt Ximmy, princess?" I asked as I sat down next to Ximena on the grass. Amari nodded her head, but other than that she completely ignored me. She was too focused on her face on the screen.

"She's going to be a social media influencer later. I can just feel it." Ximena chuckled as she brushed a strand of hair out of Amari's face. "Look at her, she knows exactly what her good angle is. Smart girl."

"Oh hell no!" Flynn butted in as he waved his hand in dismissal. "She's gonna be a CEO like daddy right princess?"

Rodrigo who stood next to Flynn choked on his soda. He coughed a couple of times before he sputtered out; "Daddy?!"

I rolled my eyes and muttered; "Very mature."

"The last time he didn't even wanted to hear that word. I'm just shocked!" Rodrigo laughed and patted Flynn on his back. "You are what we call daddy material."