Book 2. Chapter E L E V E N

Jill Malik P.O.V

"Ethan..." I sobbed as I held my phone close to my ear. My hands were shaking and I felt a headache coming up. "I'm so confused, I yelled at him and he walked out on me. I still love him, but at the same time....I'm so lost."

"Hush, Calm now. It's already late at night over there. You should be in bed right now." Ethan said in a soothing voice. "You were not harsh to him. Maybe a little. But you are broken Jill, don't expect everything to go perfect and smooth."

I wiped away my tears and sniffed. "But Ethan. I'm so confused, I don't know what to do. I thought it would be easy , but it's not."

I could feel my heart crumble when Flynn angrily walked out of my apartment. I wanted him to hug me, soothe me, convince me that he changed. But I don't feel like he's doing enough. Or do I just have high expectations?

I heard Ethan sigh on the other side of the line. "He will come around, okay? Flynn will come around. He loves you, he's not going to stay mad at you."

"But I was so mean to him." I sobbed again, more tears flowing on my cheeks. "I can't stay like this. It's too painful."

"Go to sleep. Tomorrow is a new day, everything is going to be alright. Goodnight, Jill."

"Goodnight, E."

I put my phone down and looked at the sleeping Amari. She was sleeping so peacefully, her hair covering half of her face. I should have braided her hair before she fell asleep. I carried Amari inside the bedroom and layed down next to her. My eyes were puffy from crying and my heart was aching, but I managed to fall asleep.

Under the covers I cuddled with Amari to keep the nightmares away. Amari was my peace, when she was close to me I slept peacefully. No nightmares, but a very restful sleep.

..........

I sneezed.

I sneezed again.

What the hell? I felt sunrays kissing my face. Did I left the curtains open last night?

I opened my eyes and blinked twice before I saw a pair of ocean blue eyes staring at me. My eyes grew wide and I woke up instantly. "AAAHHHH!!" I yelled as loud as I could before punching the person in front of me in the face. I was still not fully awake. My eyes were open, but my head was somewhere else.

"Ah fuck, Jill!" a familiar voice groaned in pain. "Jesus, why are you so violent?"

"Flynn?!" I yelled out half surprised, half in shock. Now that my vision cleared I saw that the person I just punched in the face was Flynn. "What the hell are you doing here?"

"I made breakfast for you." he said, rubbing the side of his face where I'd punched. It turned red and damn I felt so sorry for him. Flynn was dressed in his suit, ready to go to work. He looked so freaking damn handsome.

"Wha--What?!" I was so confused right now. I thought he was mad at me. "You were mad at me yesterday."

He chuckled lightly. "Pudding, you know I cannot stay mad at you. If you think I gave up on us, you're wrong." Flynn looked at me lovingly and then took a deep breath. "I had to walk out, because I needed time for myself. I didn't want to take my frustration out on you."

I opened my mouth to say something, but next to me Amari moved. "Daddy!" She instantly woke up and crawled towards Flynn. There she goes, stealing him from me again. The corners of my lips curled into a smile.