Chapter 1 - Twilight

Elise's P.O.V

I slipped on my denim jacket as I took a deep breath. Bella and I arrived at dads house yesterday and today is our first day at our new school. I grabbed my purse before walking downstairs and out the front door shutting it behind me. I got into the truck that my twin sister and I have to share, till dad finds one of us another car.

She started it up as I rubbed my hands together trying to warm them up. "Really missing the sun" I muttered as she turned the heater on. "I know right" Bella replied as she gripped the steering wheel. We soon pulled up and everyone stared at the truck. Bella and I got out and I tensed as I felt all the attention on us.

"Nice ride" a kid said to Bella sarcastically. "Thanks" Bella replied before pushing me slightly as we walked into the school. After a few minutes of walking around an Asian kid approached us, saying his name was Eric. I heard my phone ring and I fished it out of my bag before stepping away from Bella to answer it.

It was dad.

"Hey dad"
"Hey El. Just calling to check you and Bella were ok"
"Yeah. We are fine. We got here safely"
"Good. Did the truck drive smoothly?"
"Uh yeah. Dad, I have to go but I'll see you after school"
"Ok kiddo. See you tonight"

He hung before Bella pulled me with her to first period. We both had algebra together and then I had chemistry. We both walked in and the teacher smiled at us. "Ahh chief Swan's daughters" she said. "Uh yeah" Bella said running her fingers through her hair awkwardly. "Just find a seat" she said smiling softly.

Bella and I walked toward the back where we took a seat next to each other. "Heard from mom this morning?" I asked as I opened my text book. "She texted me earlier saying to tell you that she says good luck for today" she said. I nodded and rested my chin on my palm as the teacher began the lesson. There was something off about this town.

It felt like there was a danger here that people weren't aware of. The bell rang this lesson was over and I suddenly  realised that I spent the entire first period day dreaming. Flustered, I gathered all my books and made my way to second period ,not watching where I was going, and smashed into something that felt like rock.

I fell to the cold hard floor and looked up to see a girl that looked rather like a pixie with golden eyes. I stood up after her help of gathering my papers and she kind of just stared at me. "I'm um sorry, I wasn't looking where I was going" I stated pushing a strand of hair behind my ear. She snapped out of her trance and smiled.

"Sorry?" She said smiling. "Sorry for bumping into" I said again slightly confused. "Oh no problem" she said brushing it off. I bit my lip nodding before walking to my next class.

Alice's P.O.V

I handed the girl her papers and felt myself drift into a vision.

It was Jasper. He was kissing this girl in a field blooming with flowers. She pulled away from the kiss with her smile bright. Her eyes, gold. Her skin. Shimmering in the sun like ours did. She was Jasper's mate...

I came out of the vision and the girl apologised. "Oh no problem" I said smiling as I brushed it off. She walked past me and that's when I caught her scent. It was mouth watering. I blinked before I skipped out my next class where my mate Pierre was. I walked in and sat beside him beaming. "What's got you so happy my love?" He asked smiling softly.

"I've just bumped into Jasper's mate" I said lowly so only he could hear. "Really?" He mumbled to me shocked. I nodded smiling again. He smiled back, kissing my head as the teacher walked in. "Good morning everyone" Mrs Jents said as I rested my chin on my palm smugly.

Lunch

"Hey, are you coming to lunch?" Bella asked as she leant against the locker next to my locker. "Uh no. I'm going to the library. Heard they have great books on poetry and theatre. Like my good old friend Shakespeare" I said giggling slightly. "Ok. I'll see you after school" Bella said laughing lightly. I nodded and made my way to the library.

I entered the quiet room and found the poetry section quite quickly. I looked through the shelves; my finger tips gently glazing the spines of the books. I decided on Leaves of Grass by Walt Whitman. I left the section making my way to the desks. I felt someone staring at me and turned to see a guy who had similar eyes to that girl I bumped into.

I watched as his perfect jaw clenched and his eyes darkened. Maybe it was the lighting. Or my eyes playing tricks. We were having a stare off before he stood up and vastly left the library still glaring at me. I blinked a few times before walking over to where he was sitting to find a dent in the table the shape of a hand print.

I scrunched my eyebrows before sitting down and beginning to read. Even though I was ready such an amazing book, my mind was still fixated on that guy.

Who was he?

Is he related to that girl I bumped into?

Why did he glare at me?

Does he hate me all ready?