Chapter 54

(Skip 2 weeks)

I shifted on the couch to get more comfortable. I pulled the blanket over my stomach more and sighed. "Are you ok Elise?" Esme asked and I nodded. I heard motorbike stop outside and Carlisle left the living room. "Jake is that you?" Bella called from beside me. I heard someone coming up the stairs and a few moments later Seth and Jake appeared in the living room.

"Seth" I breathed in shock to see him. "Ell? Is that you?" He said not being able to see me behind Rosalie. "I'm glad you came" Bella said. Jacob and Seth walked closer to the couch when Rosalie stopped them. "Close enough" Rose spat and I sighed. "What's your problem?!" Jake snapped. "Rose it's ok" I croaked. She moved aside and Seth walked over to me.

"You both look terrible" Jake said looking at us and I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, it's nice to see you too" Bella said. "So are you going to tell us what's wrong with you two?" Seth said looking between us. "Esme" I said and she rose from her seat before walking over and helping me up as Rose helped Bella. Seth stood up from the coffee table in shock as did Jake.

"You did this!" Jake seethed as he tried to approach Edward and Jasper only to be stopped by Emmett. "We didn't know it was even possible" Carlisle said as Esme helped me sit back down.O pulled the blanket over my stomach and rested my hands over the top of it. "What is it?" Seth said turning to Carlisle. "I'm not sure" Carlisle said.

"Ultrasounds and needs won't penetrate the embryonic sac" Carlisle said. "I can't see it either. And I can't see the girls future anymore" Alice said and I sighed before biting my bottom lip as I looked. "We've been researching legends but there isn't much to go on" Carlisle said. "What we do know is that it's strong and fast growing" Carlisle said.

"Why haven't you done anything? Take it out of them!" Jake snapped. "This is none of your business dog!" Rosalie snapped. "Rose! All this fighting isn't good for Elise and Bella" Esme scolded. "The fetus isn't good for them!" Alice snapped. "Say the word Alice! Baby! It's just a little baby!" Rosalie snapped back.

"Possibly" Pierre said glaring at Rosalie as he stood beside Alice. "Carlisle, you've gotta do something" Seth pleaded. "No! It's his decision. It's not any of yours" Bella spoke up. "Jacob I need to talk to you" Edward said before exiting the house. The rest of the Cullen's besides Rose left the living room quietly.

"Ell, why are you doing this?" Seth said squatting in front of me. "Seth. You wouldn't understand" I said not in the mood for being lectured anymore. "That's why I'm asking" Seth replied. "I've always been told that I'd never have children. This is only chance I'll get to have a baby. I'm not just going to throw it away!" I said feeling myself getting worked up.

"But Ell, you could die!" Seth said. "I know Seth! But we don't know if I will yet" I said. Seth got up and was about to exit the living room. "Seth! Wait! Please. Don't leave me like everyone else" I pleaded. "Ell, I can't sit here and watch you die" Seth said before leaving and I sighed and I held my head in my hand. Rosalie came to my side and wrapped her arm around me.

"It's ok Ell. Calm down" She said and I began taking in deep breaths calming myself down. I felt Bella grab my hand in hers as she turned to me. "I've just never felt so alone" I said gently and Rosalie sighed. "I know. Everyone else just doesn't understand like we do" She said comforting me and I nodded.

"I think I wanna lie down" I said and she nodded before helping me up and walking with me to my room. I walked in and gently crawled onto the bed before getting comfortable on my pillow. I gasped as a crack came through my side. "Ell? What's wrong?" Rosalie said running to my side. "Ahh! My ribs!" I cried. "Carlisle!" Rosalie called.

Within seconds Carlisle was by my side. "I need to examine you in my office" He said before gently picking me up and rushing down to his surgery. He laid me on the bed and grabbed his X - Ray machine. After a few minutes the X - Ray was done and he looked at the results. "You rib is cracked. It hasn't splintered or pierced your lungs which is good. It should set back in place" He said and I nodded.

He gave me some medication to help the pain before Rosalie helped me walk upstairs where Jasper was waiting. "Everything ok?" He said and I nodded. "My rib cracked" I replied as he helped me on to the bed. Rosalie left the room leaving Jasper and I alone. "I'm sorry for my behaviour lately. I don't mean to be so angry. It's just the thought of loosing you...terrifies me" He admitted.

I rolled over and looked at him. "I forgive you. I know things have been stressful" I said placing my hand on his. He leaned down and pressed his lips to mine before pulling away. Jasper placed his hand on my stomach and I smiled. I felt the baby shift and he smiled. "What do you think it is?" Jasper said. "I think it's a girl" I said.

"She's happy" Jasper said and I gasped slightly. "Oh my God!" I said surprised as I placed my hand on my stomach. "She loves you" Jasper said and I smiled as happy tears filled my eyes. "I love you too baby girl" I whispered.