Chapter 5

The next day I was determined to find out what Jasper really was. I slipped on my jacket before walking downstairs to the truck. I got in and Bella started it up before we made out journey to school. We were both quiet the whole ride and I bit my nails nervously. We pulled into school and I saw the Cullen's over by their cars talking.

I got out of the truck slamming my door and walked over to them. The blonde ones eyes found mine first and she glared instantly. The others turned and noticed me before I stood beside Jasper. "I need to talk to you" I said sternly to him. He chuckled and looked down at me. "Schools about to start" he said smugly.

"I don't give a flying fuck if school is about to start. I'm talking to you about how you were in my room the other night and how you crushed my phone because I caught you killing some deer! And how you were suddenly there last night saving me from those guys" I snapped lowly as I glared at him. His stare darkened and he turned to the bulky guy next to him. "Emmett, can I have your keys?" He said.

The guy handed him the keys and Jasper grasped my arm dragging me to a jeep as everyone began ascending into school. "Get in" he said opening the door as he glared at me. I crossed my arms and huffed before getting in and he slammed the door before also climbing in and starting the car.

He sped out of school and I looked at him. "Why were you in my room last night and how the heck did you get in there?" I asked as he swirled around a corner. "Hello? An answer would be nice" I said as we stopped out the front of a beautiful glass house. "Woah" I uttered under my breath. Jasper exited the car and walked over opening my door.

I got out and we walked to the front door. He unlocked it and we walked inside the beautiful 3 story house. Jasper stormed up the stairs and I ran behind him almost tripping once we reached the third level. He grasped my arm with his cold hand and pulled me into a clear room. There were 2 big glass windows and a white wall with pictures on it and a cowboy hat.

I looked around and saw no bed just a black leather sofa in the corner. There were 6 bookshelves across the walls with books about war and history. "No bed?" I asked as I turned to him. Jasper looked at me and gave me a tiny smile before walking in front of the window with his back to me. "What people say is true. We aren't normal" he said and I noticed he slipped his jacket off leaving him in a black long sleeve shirt.

He reached the scuff of his shirt and pulled it over his head revealing his sculpted back. I noticed the clouds moved as the sun began to shine through hitting Jasper's skin. I gasped as I looked at him. He was shimmering like he was covered in crystals. He turned to me and I got a look at his shining muscular body.

I gasped as I slowly approached him and gently ran my fingers tips down his chest and abs. "You're beautiful" I whispered as I looked up at his hard face. I ran my hands from his waist up his arms and I felt him stiffen under my touch. "There's something about you Jasper. It draws me in but you shut me out" I said softly as I hooked my arms around his cold neck.

"What draws you in is my charm. Elise, I'm a monster" he said as he pulled away from me. "Tell me what you are" I said firmly as I approached him. "My family and I are...vampires" he said stiffly. "So you kill humans?" I asked feeling a little bit scared that I was near a vampire. "No. We feed off animals. It's as we call it a vegetarian life style" he said smugly.

He slipped his shirt back on and walked over to me. "Are you scared?" He asked, his face inches from mine. "No" I said hoping he'd believe my lie. "I can feel your emotions. You're lying to me" he said smirking and I scrunched my eyebrows. "You can feel people's emotions?" I asked curiously. "Yes. And I can manipulate them like you manipulate me" he said.

"You don't understand how much I want to kill you. Your blood is mouth watering. It's the most delicious blood I've ever smelt. That's why I've avoided you. Because all I want to do is kill you" he said darkly. "I don't care. That doesn't scare me. What scares me is a broken heart" I replied.

"If you can feel feelings then you'd know how I feel whenever you're around me" I said softly before grasping his face and pressing my lips gently to his. I felt him weaken slightly as he wrapped his arms around my back squeezing me to him. I pulled away to catch me breath and gave Jasper a flustered smile.

"You have no idea how long I've wanted to do that" he said softly tucking a strand of hair behind my ear. For the rest of the day Jasper and I sat on his sofa as he explained to me the history of vampires and his story. He explained how Carlisle was the oldest out of his family and how Carlisle had the best control out them all. He also explained this thing called the Volturi and each of his families powers.

"So Alice saw me coming huh?" I said leaning my head on my hand. "Yep she probably did just didn't tell anyone" he said smirking. "So what's Carlisle's story?" I asked curiously. "I don't particularly enjoy telling anyone else's story but my own. Maybe another day he can tell you" Jasper said and I nodded respectfully.

I saw how close Jasper's hand was to mine and I intertwined out hands. "So what are we?" I asked looking him in the eyes. "I don't know ma'am" he said with his southern accent. I giggled and scooted closer throwing my legs across his lap. I leaned in and pressed my warm lips to his cold ones and heard him lightly groan.

He pulled away and rested his forehead against mine and I smiled. "I think I know what we are now" I said smiling and he chuckled before nodding. "It's 3:45. I'll give you a lift home" he said standing up from his sofa. He helped me up and we walked downstairs and out the front door to his car. We got in and he drove, well actually sped, to my house.

He pulled up and I saw that no one was home. "Will I see you tonight?" I asked as he turned off the car. "If you want" he said smiling a small smile. I nodded and returned the smile. I got out of the car and walked to my front door when suddenly Jasper was in front of me. He gently cupped my face and brought my lips to his.

I giggled and pulled away feeling him slip something into my hand. "An apology for breaking your phone" he said and vanished to his car. I looked down at my hand and saw the new HTC g1. I gasped and looked up to see him smiling before he drove away. I shook my head and walked inside shutting the door behind me.

I leant against the door biting my bottom lip in content. He was mine. Forever.