Chapter 35

"Aren't you girls going to miss this? Can't you just feel the vitamin D soaking up in your pores?" Mom asked as we laid on the deck chairs by the pool. "Yeah I am going to miss this" I said. "You know collages in Florida are a lot sunnier" Mom said looking at Bella and I as she sipped her ice tea.

"I'm just saying that if you go to the University of Alaska, I'm never going to see either of you" Mom said and I let out a sigh. Bella sucked in a breath as she slipped her sunglasses on. "They have a really great science program" Bella lied. "Yeah and I really like the literature classes they hav there" I pipped up and mom tilted her head.

"You mean Edward and Jasper program" Mom joked and I rolled my eyes shaking my head as I adjusted my hat. "The way they watch you girls...it's like they're willing to leap in front of you two and take a bullet or something" Mom said. "Is that bad thing?" I said from beside her. "It's an intense thing" Mom said and I sighed.

"You're different with them. They move, you move. Like magnets" Mom said and I smiled slightly turning and seeing Jasper sitting across from Edward staring at me. I smiled at him and he smiled back. "I don't know we're just..." Bella trailed as I turned back to mom. "In love. I get it. Just want to make sure you're making the right choices for yourselves you know because you're the ones that are going to have to live with em" Mom said looking at both of us.

I bit my bottom lip as I began to think. "Alright then. Enough with the heavy" Mom said before standing up and walking inside. I turned and saw her walking out with two purple boxes. "Congraduation" Mom said handing them to us and I smiled. "Mom" I said before pulling the bow off. "I didn't want you to spend any of your money" Bella said.

"Ah I didn't come on" Mom said. Bella moved to my chair as we opened them. I gasped when I saw all of our old travel shirts. "These all our old trip T-shirts?" I exclaimed happily. "Mm-hm" Mom said and I laughed as I pulled the blanket out looking at them. We used to travel so much when we were younger. Everywhere we went mom would buy a shirt and we had like 80 shirts or something.

"Get out!" Bella said as we both looked at them. "I saved them all. Thought they'd make a good quilt. Keep you girls warm up in Alaska" Mom said and I began to get emotional as some memories came back. "Remember this one? Ensenada" Mom said and I nodded giggling. "The Snake pit" I said. "Yep" Mom replied. "But this ones my favourite here" Mom said pointing at another shirt.

"The three headed lobster from Maine" Mom said. "These are amazing" I said looking to mom. "Oh honey, I'm glad you like it. I just figured you know, when you're older, have kids, we can add to it. Maybe go visit the worlds largest ketchup bottle or something" Mom said and my heart clenched slightly.

"Thanks" I said leaning over hugging her. "Oh" Mom said caught off guard. "Mmm I glad you girls like it. Just thought you'd have a little piece of me up there in Alaska" Mom said. "Mom..." I said as I continued hugging her. "Yeah?" She asked rubbing my back. "I miss you" I said as some tears stung my eyes. "Oh honey...I miss you too" Mom said and for a few moments we sat there embracing each other.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I walked inside with my blanket whilst mom and Bella sat out there for a while longer. "You ok darlin?" Jasper asked from the table and I nodded. "Just...Makes me realise how much I miss her" I said before pursing my lips to the side. "You know you can wait" Jasper said and I looked at him. "I'm not changing my mind. My decision made. Don't go turning into Edward trying to convince me not to" I said and Edward scoffed.

"Love ya too Ell" Edward said sarcastically and I looked at him apologetically. "Sorry" I replied before turning back to Jasper. "I just want to make sure that you won't have any regrets once you change is all" Jasper said as he caressed my face and I nodded. "I know. This is just hard part" I said softly and Jasper smiled at me sympathetically.

"It gets easier I promise" He said and I nodded before pecking his lips. I wrapped my arms around his wist hugging him and he hugged me back resting his chin on top of my head. I pulled away from him after a few moments and walked to my room placing the blanket on the end of the bed. My phone began to ring and I grabbed it seeing it was dad.

"Hello?"

"Hey Ell"

"Hey dad"

"I was calling to see how Florida is"

"It's great. A complete 180 of Forks. Its sunny and warm and we actually use the AC"

"Ahaha thats good. How is your mother and Phil?"

"They're good yeah. Mom gave Bella and I a graduation present which is a quilt made of all our old travel T-shirts"

"Oh nice, nice"

"Yeah I love it"

"That's good. Sue called earlier asking if you were home. Said Seth had been asking about you"

"Oh really?"

"Yeah. I could here him in the background"

"Ahahaha. So have you heard anything from Billy regarding Jake?"

"Mmmm no not really. Billy just says he stays in his room everyday"

"I know that Bella has tried reaching out to him but he hasn't answered"

"Oh really? Ok. Maybe he just needs some personal space"

"Yeah. I hope he's ok"

"I'm sure he will be. Might just be a teenager stage or something. Maybe broke up with a girlfriend I don't know"

"Yeah maybe"

"So are Edward and Jasper enjoying their seperate rooms?"

"Dad"

"What I'm just asking"

"Jasper and I are sharing a room and so are Bella and Edward"

"What? But-"

"Dad I'm 18 Jasper is 18 and we have been dating for a long time now it's fine"

"Ok if you say so"

"Anyways dad I got to go but I'll talk to you later"

"Ok kiddo. Have fun and I will see you when you get back. Love you bye"

"Love you too bye dad"

I said before hanging up the phone. I placed it on the bedside table and yawned before falling onto the bed. I heard the door open and close before the bed dipped beside me. I felt Jaspers arm wrap round my waist from behind me and I turned pecking his lips before falling asleep.