Chapter 15

A FEW WEEKS LATER

I zipped up my dress and checked my half up half down hair before grabbing my black scarf shall thing Alice demanded I wear with Rosalie's dress. I looked at my stitched up wrist and sighed. Everyone would be able to notice the scar. Edward told me that James bit me there so that Jasper would always be reminded that he bit me first. For a moment the distant pain zipped through me quickly. I shook my head and looked down at my wrist in a simple black wrist brace.

I walked downstairs and saw Bella already standing with Edward, Jasper standing beside them. Everyone looked up and dad smiled as I walked down. "You look beautiful Ellie" Dad said helping me down the last step. I walked to Jasper and he grasped my right hand and tied the corsage on my wrist. "You look beautiful my love" he said and I blushed.

"We'll keep them safe Mr Swan" Edward said wrapping his arm around Bella's waist. "Yeah I've heard that before" Dad replied sarcastically. I rolled my eyes at his comment. After saying goodbye to dad we all walked out to Edward's Volvo and climbed in. Jasper placed his cold hand on my thigh and I turned to him smiling. I leaned over and kissed his cheek.

"Rosalie has good taste" I said to him and he chuckled. "With Alice as her sister she has no other choice" He replied causing me to giggle. "Is it going to be like that when Bella and I turn?" I said and he chuckled before nodding. We soon pulled up to school and Edward stopped the car allowing Bella, Jasper and I to get out.

Jasper wrapped an arm around my waist as Edward helped Bella out. "I'll be right back" He said before getting back into his car and driving away to find a parking spot with Jasper. I flinched as I stood on my foot awkwardly grabbing Bella's attention. "You ok?" Se asked looking at me and I nodded. "Yeah, just my ankle still hurts a little" I said and she nodded.

"Bella, Ell" A voice said and we both turned. "Jacob? Hey" Bella said shocked. "Nice" He said as he looked at Bella and I causing me to let out a laugh as Bella looked down awkwardly. "You too" I said looking at him in his yellow shirt, wonky tie and long hair hanging over his shoulders. "Are you crashing the prom or something? Did you come with a date?" Bella asked.

"No, uh, my dad paid me to come talk to you guys" he said to us. I felt Jasper tense and looked at him. "Twenty bucks" Jacob said as I walked over and sat down next to Bella. "Let's hear it" I said. "Just don't get mad ok?" He said looking at both of us. "He wants the two of you to break up with your boyfriends.He said, uh, quote 'we'll be watching you'" Jacob said chuckling at the end. "Okay, well tell him thanks" Bella said and I scrunched my eyebrows.

"Ok" Jacob said back. "And to pay up" Bella continued. "Ok. Let me help you" He said standing up to help Bella when "Jacob" Edward's voice said and we all turned to see Jasper and Edward standing there. "I'll take it from here" Edward said, glaring at Jacob. Jasper walked over to me and wrapped his arm around my waist as he too glared.

"Guess I'll see you around girls" Jacob said before walking back into the woods. Jasper turned around and shot Jacob one last glare. "Are you ok?" Jasper asked as we approached the entrance. "Jasper I'm fine. Jacob isn't a threat. He is just a family friend. Besides I only have eyes for you" I said reassuring him and a smirk played on his lips. "Good" He said smugly.

We approached the arch with Bella and Edward in front of Jasper and I. They stopped for a photo before walking inside. Jasper and I were next. Jasper pulled me close and our photo was taken before we too walked inside where the music was playing loudly. "Woah" I said as I looked around. "You really had to bring me here huh" I said turning to Jasper and he chuckled.

"You only get one prom" He said looking down at me. "Yeah? and how many have you been to?" I said. "15. This makes my 16th" He said and my eyes widened. "Jesus" I said before looking around. I looked around and saw Angela at the DJ booth with Eric. She noticed me and ran out over to me before wrapping me in a hug.

"I'm so glad you came!" She said over the loud music. "I couldn't miss this with all the effort Eric put into it" I replied. "Where is Jessica and Mike?" I asked her. "Over there!" She said pointing to behind us. I turned and saw Jessica standing at the photo place posing with Mike wearing the revealing dress she had tried on in the store.

"Wow she really went for it huh" I said to Angela and she nodded. A slow song began and Jasper grasped my hand. I turned to Angela and waved goodbye before we walked onto the dance floor. I wrapped my arms around Jasper's neck and he wrapped his around my waist as we swayed to the slow song.

"So Mr Hale, what do you think of this prom so far?" I said smugly. "Definitely the best because I am standing here on the floor with the dance floor with the most beautiful woman I have ever laid my eyes on who I have the honour in calling the love of my life" Jasper said and I felt an over whelming amount of love fill me as I blushed.

"You know Jasper, whenever we are apart, I feel like I am not the same. Like all the happiness I have is gone. I can't eat, I can't sleep. The thought of being apart right now just-" I said getting a little choked up. "Shh my love. We will never be apart ever again ok?" He said caressing my face with his one hand and I nodded.

I leaned up and pressed our lips together and from that moment on the rest of the night was perfect...