Chapter 55

(SKIP A FEW DAYS)

I shifted in Jasper's arms as I sat on the couch. I groaned as the baby kicked me hard and moved around. "You ok?" Jasper asked. "She's moving and kicking" I mumbled and he rubbed my stomach. I turned and saw Emmett still pacing back and forth as he looked out the window. Bella was fast asleep on the couch and Edward was watching over her.

I sat up a bit as the nausea came over me and I grabbed the bucket by the edge of the couch. I brought it to my lap and dry reached with only bile and water coming out. After a few moments it passed and Rosalie took the bucket away. "The baby is rejecting anything you " Esme said.

"I think I need to put the girls on a drip so their bodies are getting some hydration" Carlisle said and Esme nodded. "I'll place it tomorrow" Carlisle said and I nodded. I gasped sitting forward as a shooting pain went through my rib cage again. Carlisle rushed to my side and lifted my shirt. "Another rib has cracked" Carlisle said gently touching it.

I sighed as I held my head in my hand. I gently laid back onto Jasper and closed my eyes as exhaustion took over.

Jasper's P.O.V

Ell's soft snores started and I smiled as she fell asleep. I looked down at her left hand and saw her wedding ring now too big for her skinny finger. I sighed and gently caressed her side as she slept. "I'm worried about how much weight the girls are loosing" Carlisle said from his chair. "Is there anything we can do to help them?" Edward said.

"I don't know. Their stomachs can't hold anything that they eat. I'm going to go to my study see if I can find anything else that might help them" Carlisle said before exiting the living room. I heard footprints and saw Jacob walk into the house. "Rose, why don't you get Jacob something from the kitchen?" Esme said as she looked from Jake to Rose.

"Thanks but no thanks. I'd rather not eat something with blondies spit in it" Jacob said."She'd never embarrass me with such a lack of hospitality" Esme replied. "Course not" Rosalie said before placing her magazine down and walking into the kitchen. "You'd tell me is she poisoned it right?" Jacob said turning to Edward and I chuckled lightly. I heard Rosalie making some ruckus with bowls from the kitchen.

Ell shivered and I pulled her blanket up higher. "He broke another one of her ribs. Same thing just happened to Ell" Edward said not taking his eyes off Bella. After a few seconds Rosalie appeared with a metal bowl in her hand containing what looked like a hotdog. She placed it on the floor and I saw she had engraved Jacobs name into it. I chuckled at her pettiness.

"Enjoy mongrel" Rosalie said smugly as she stood up. "And don't make such a big deal out of it. Even normal human babies have been known to crack ribs" She said bitterly before beginning to walk away. Jacob picked up the bowl and took a bite before throwing it in Rosalie's direction hitting her in the bag of the head casino Edward, Emmett and I to laugh.

Rosalie felt the back of her head before turning and glaring at Jake. "You got food in my hair!" She seethed angrily. She walked away and our chuckles died down. "Nice shot" I said to Jacob who had a smirk on his face and Emmett laughed at my comment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Carlisle walked into the living room and sat down across from Jasper and I. "Is everything ok?" I said noticing the tension in the room. "Elise, I need to talk to you about the fetus" Carlisle said and I looked down at my stomach before resting my hands on top of it. "Ok" I said, nervous abut what he was going to say.

"The fetus is too powerful for your body to handle and is causing your body to break down more and more as each day passes. It's not allowing you to eat anything starving your body of the nutrition it needs to be able to function. It's now a matter of time before your organs begin to shut down. By the time you deliver your body will be too weak. Unfortunately there are some circumstances that not even venom can fix" Carlisle said solemnly,

I closed my eyes as I processed everything. "So there's nothing I can do?" I said shakily and Carlisle shook his head. Jasper stood up from beside me and walked to the window. "There's nothing I can do to save you. I'm sorry Elise" Carlisle said before quietly exiting the living room. I bit my bottom lip to prevent the tears from coming as I looked over to Jasper.

"Jas, I'm so sorry" I whimpered and he didn't look at me. "I can't live without you" He said bluntly. "I didn't mean for this to happen. I thought I'd be strong enough to do this" I cried as the tears slipped down my cheeks. "Why? Why did you choose to keep this thing?!" He snapped turning to me. "It felt like the right thing at the time" I replied.

He shook his head before turning back to the window. "You'll still have a part of me" I said and he chuckled dryly. "You honestly think I could love that thing?" He said bitterly. "She'll need you. She'll need someone" I pleaded. "If you die, that thing deserves to die too" Jasper said and I gasped. "Jasper! This isn't her fault!" I said in shock.

"Really?! Then whose fault is it?! That thing is killing you and you're just letting it happen! and now I have to live without you! You are my reason for existence! You're my reason to live! Without you I'm nothing! You chose to do this. You've chosen to leave me! I never wanted this! What happened to you and I for eternity?!" Jasper snapped and I covered my face as I began to sob.

I heard Jasper leave the room and I laid down as I cried.