Chapter 36

"You ok?" Jasper asked as he parked the jeep. "Yeah I'm fine" I said and he cocked his eyebrow at me. "What?" I said. "I hope you remember that I can feel your emotions right?" Jasper said and I sighed. "I just feel like I don't know. Seeing my mom just makes me realise how much I miss her. Like I remember why I just wanted to stay at moms because saying goodbye was just too painful" I said and he grasped my hand in his.

"It'll get better I promise" Jasper said and I nodded. We got out of the car and walked over to Edward and Bella who were stopped in front of....Jacob? "Hey" I said and he looked at me. "Hey" He said. "He's checking to see if you two are still human" Edward said and I scrunched my eyebrows.

"Look I came to warn you, if your kind come on our land again..." Jacob started getting in Jasper and Edwards faces only to be cut off by Bella. "Wait what?" Bella said. "You didn't tell them?" Jacob said angrily. "Just leave it alone Jacob" Jasper said, his temper rising. I turned and held his hand feeling him calm down slightly before turning back to Jacob.

"Tell us what?" I asked. "Emmett and Paul had a misunderstanding. It's nothing to worry about" Edward said turning to me. "Listen to you. Did you lie to get them out of town too?" Jacob taunted. "You should leave. Now" Edward said getting in Jacobs face. "They have a right to know. They're the ones the red head wants" Jacob said and my mouth fell as my heart sank.

"Victoria?!" Bella said. "Alice's vision!" I said turning to Jasper putting two and two together. "We were trying to protect you" Jasper said as I pulled my hand out of this. "By lying to us?" Bella snapped. "We're gonna talk about this but you. Why haven't you called Ell or I back?" Bella said.

"I had nothing to say" Jacob said before turning and walking away. "Well we have tons. Hold on!" Bella said about to drag me along with her when Edward stopped her. "Hey" Edward said. "Bella. Ell" He said giving me a quick glance. "Edward, Jasper you have to trust us" Bella said. "I do trust you. It's him I don't trust" Edward said.

I bit my bottom lip as Bella and I walked away. Bella climbed on the back of Jakes bike and looked at me. "Bella I can't fit" I said and she scrunched her eyebrows at me. "Yes you can. Come on" She said and I sighed before squeezing on the back. "Loose the grin Jake" I said as Bella handed me the helmet. "Hold on tight" Jacob said before we took off.

After a few more minutes of driving we stopped at Sams house. "Are you sure this is a good idea?" Bella asked as Jacob kicked the stand on his bike. "We're vampire girls, remember?" Bella said. I turned and saw all the boys running out with some chicken in their hands. "Hey looks whose back" Embry said.

"What up Bella?" One of them said. "Quill? You too?" Bella asked surprised. "Yep finally made the pack" Quill said. "I'm glad you're here Bella. Maybe we can get a break from Jakes obsessive inner monologue" Embry teased and I giggled. "Wish Bella would call!" Paul said mimicking Jake. "Wish Bella wouldn't call!" Jared said with a mouthful of food.

"Maybe I should call Bella" Embry added. "Maybe I should call Bella and hangup" Quill said causing all of the boys to laugh at him including me. "Alright you can shut up now" Jake said. Out of the corner of my eye I saw someone step out and gasped slightly when I recognised it as Leah. "Leah?" I said and she shot me a quick look before glaring at Bella and Jake.

"Bella this is Leah Clearwater. Harry's daughter" Jacob said. "Hey. I'm really sorry about your father" Bella said and my heart ached slightly at the thought of Harry. "If you're here to torture Jacob some more feel free to leave" Leah said bluntly before walking off. "Leah" I said but she just ignored me.

"Fun isn't she" Jacob said sarcastically and I turned glaring at him. "You know she has a reason for acting like a bitch. What's yours?" I shot back causing all the boys to laugh. "Elise! Bella! Hi" Emily said as she and Sam walked out of the house. I smiled and walked up hugging her. We pulled away and I nodded at Sam.