Chapter 63

"Aro will want us incapacitated before he attacks. Jane and Alec will try and take me out first because I can anticipate their moves" Edward said and sighed as I ran my hand through my hair. "Too bad we don't all have your shield or manipulation" Garett said to Bella and I. "It doesn't help me fight though" Bella said.

"I don't know how to use my power properly" I said to him. "But you two could help the rest of us if you could project it" Tanya said to Bella and I. "What do you mean?" Bella said. "I mean shield someone other than yourself" Tanya said to Bella. "How does that help me?" I said. "Well Elise, how does your powers usually work?" Eliza said.

"I don't know. When I first used it on Kate it was when I lost my concentration that it stopped" I said. "You might be able to project your power" Tanya said. "Is that possible?" I said. "Gifts can be developed over time" Carlisle said. "At first mine was just in my palms. Now I can radiate it all over my body" Kate said. "How do you do it?" Bella said and Kate sighed.

"Tell me" Bella said squeezing Kate's hand. "Ow" Kate said.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"You need to visualise it. See how it moves. What colour it is. Now picture it expanding. Will it go beyond you" Kate said to Bella. Bella focused and a clear aura came off her for a few seconds before it stopped. "I think she needs something to motivate her" Kate said turning to Edward and I. Edward stepped forward and Bella shook her head. "No" Bella protested.

"It's alright, I can take it" Edward said. "He says that now" Garett said. "Focus Bella or he's gonna be hurting" Emmett said. "Edward I'm not ready to do this ye-" Bella said but it was too late because Kate had already started electrocuting Edward. He yelled in pain as he was brought to his knees. "I'm sorry I said I wasn't ready!" Bella said.

"Dude you're not motivating her" Emmett said. "You wanna try?!" Edward snapped and Emmett held his hand up causing Jasper and I to chuckle. Bella focused and her shield came off her slightly reaching Edward. Kate grabbed Edwards neck and he cried in pain again as he was brought to his knees. "Kate!" Bella snapped and Kate stopped.

"You seem to lack incentive. Should I go see if Renesmee is awake?" She said about to walk to the house. "Are you crazy?!" Bella snapped stepping forward. "Alright. This one is on full power" Kate said and Edward's eyes widened. Bella's shield came off her and went over Edward. Kate touched Edwards hand and he didn't flinch or cry.

Kate stopped and Bella stopped her shield. "It's painful painful but it's bearable" Edward said and I smiled. "Nice job Bella" I said and she smiled. "Ell, your turn" Kate said and I nodded before walking forward. "Jasper, you're needed" Kate said and he sighed before walking forward. "I'm sorry Jas. I love you" I said and he chuckled.

She touched his arm and he groaned; I focused and Kate cried in pain as her power electrocuted her. I stopped and she smirked. "I think you can do better than that. I think I need to get a little more...harsh" she said. "Ready?" Kate said and I nodded. She zapped him and he fell to the ground crying in pain.

Anger filled me and suddenly Kate flew through the air and landing hard on the ground. "Oh my God!" I said realising what I just did. Kate ran over to me and smirked. "That's what I'm talking about" She said. "Let's try something different. Emmett, I want you to charge at Elise" Kate said. "What?" Emmett said, worry crossing his features.

"Just do it Emmett" She said and he sighed before walking across from me. "Don't hold back" I said and he chuckled. He charged at me full speed and I threw him away from me. He landed on the ground meters away. "Now I want to see what else you can do" Kate said. She suddenly went to grab my neck and I stopped her hand.

It froze centimetres from my neck and she tried moving it. I smirked and turned her hand towards herself before making her electrocute herself. I stopped and moved her hand from her neck. "I can't believe I just did that!" I said and she chuckled. "Let's try it again" I said excitedly.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"And so, they lived happily ever after" I said turning to Cecilia who was snuggled into my side lying on my chest. "Mommy?" Cecilia said as I put her book back. "Yeah?" I said. "Are aunt Alice and uncle Pierre ever going to come back?" She said as she looked down. "Of course they will. They love us too much to not come back" I said.

"What made you ask that?" I said stroking her hair. "I just miss them is all" She said and she sniffed. I tilted her head upwards and saw she was crying. "Hey, come here" I said lifting her into my lap. She laid her head on my chest and I stroked her head as I gently rocked side to side. "They let to protect us. To protect you. That's why all those people are here. They'll come back" I said looking down at her and she nodded.

"Get some sleep ok?" I said before leaning over and turning her lamp off. I held Cecilia in my arms rocking her to sleep. Soon her soft snores came from her and I smiled before gently lying her down. Right now she looks about 8 years old. Nessie looks about 10. I pulled her blanket over her and laid her rabbit toy beside her under the blanket.

I quietly left her room shutting the door behind me and walked into my room where Jasper exited the bathroom. "Is everything ok?" I said as he climbed into bed beside me and I nodded. "Cecilia was just upset because she misses Pierre and Alice" I said and he nodded. "Are you ok though?" He said and I shrugged.

"I don't know how I feel. I mean physically I know I could demolish like 50 ships but mentally I just feel exhausted" I said and Jasper squeezed my thigh gently. "I mean what if things go wrong?" I said turning to him. "They won't. But if they do, we'll be ready" He said and I nodded. "I can't wait for all of this to be over" I said.

"I need to quickly head to the main house and speak to Carlisle but when I get back, how about a shower?" Jasper said and I nodded. He got up and left the bed and I sighed. I climbed out of bed and walked into the living room. I sat down on the couch and stared into the fire. I put my feet on the coffee table and accidentally knocked one of the books down.

I sighed before leaning down and grabbing it. A note fell out and I scrunched my eyebrows as I grabbed it. I unfolded the paper and saw Alice's hand writing. J.Jenks Seattle - Burn this I scrunched the piece of paper in my hand before walking to the fire place and throwing it in. I heard the front door open and I turned to see Jasper.

"Ready for our shower?" He said and I nodded before walking to our room with him.