Chapter 18

I awoke the next morning and instantly checked my phone to see no messages or texts from Jasper. I sighed and got dressed in a black long sleeve shirt, jeans, my cons and a jacket. I threw my hair into a messy bun before walking downstairs where I saw Bella. I walked right out the front to my truck and climbed in before starting it up and driving to school.

I pulled up and didn't see Rosalie's red convertible, Emmett's silver jeep or Edwards black Volvo anywhere. I sighed and climbed out of my truck shutting the door before walking into the school to my locker. I opened it and grabbed out all my books for my first class. I walked back outside and stood with my friends as they chatted amongst themselves.

I waited and waited, hoping to see them arrive but to no avail. The bell rang signalling school is starting and I walked into the building heartbroken that Jasper wasn't here. 

LUNCH

As I sat at the table with my friends and Bella and I just stared at the Cullen's table. Where were they? I thought to myself. "You ok Ell?" Angela asked and I turned to her nodding. "Yeah I'm fine just tired" I replied lying and she nodded before turning back to Eric. I once again checked my phone for the 10th time today and saw no text messages from Jasper. 

I put my phone back into my bag and just continued to get lost in my thoughts. 

END OF SCHOOL

I pulled up at home and saw Bella's truck there. I walked inside and went straight up to my room closing the door behind me. I placed my bag on my desk chair and saw a note on my bed. I picked it up and sat down on the end of my bed beginning to read it. 

Elise, 

My family and I are leaving Forks and we are never coming back. People at the hospital are recognising that Carlisle is not ageing causing people to become suspicious. This is the last you will here from me. 

I will never be able to forgive myself after my actions last night. Over these last few hours I have done a lot of thinking and realised that loving you is too dangerous. I thought I could control myself around you but I was wrong. I am a monster and every time you are around me it just puts you in more and more danger. 

I am sorry for everything  I have put you through. Writing this letter was not easy however, saying this to you in person would have been harder. If there is one favour that I ask of you, please forget about me. 

- Jasper

I felt the tears build in my eyes and I didn't bother trying not to let them fall

I felt the tears build in my eyes and I didn't bother trying not to let them fall. I grabbed my keys and ran downstairs to my truck and climbed in before pulling out and speeding off toward the direction of the Cullen's house. The entire drive my heart was pounding out of my chest. This all felt like a horrible nightmare. All I wanted to do was wakeup. 

I soon pulled up out the front of the big house and got out running to the front door. I looked inside and saw no furniture inside. I moved into the garden and looked into the living room seeing it empty. I walked back to the front steps and sat down covering my face with my hands as I sobbed. I grabbed my phone from my back pocket and called Jasper, it going straight to voicemail. 

"Jasper...w-where did you go?! Please don't do this to me! You promised we would be together forever! You promise you would never leave me again! Please come back! Please...I need you" I whimpered into the phone before hanging up and continuing to cry my heart out. After a few more minutes I pulled myself together and walked back to my truck. 

I opened the door about to get in when I turned giving the house one last look before climbing in and driving away without a second glance. The drive home was quiet. All I could heard was cars driving past me. I pulled up home and saw that dad was there. I got out of my truck and walked inside and saw dad sitting in the living room. 

He turned around looking at me upon hearing me enter. "Have you seen Bella? Her truck is here but she is gone" He said and I shook my head playing with my jacket sleeve. "Hey are you ok?" He said as he got off the couch and approached me. I shook my head and looked up at him with teary eyes. 

"Come here" He said and I walked into his arms bursting into tears as he wrapped his arms around me. "What happened?" He said rubbing my back. "He's gone dad. They're all gone" I sobbed. "Who is?" He questioned pulling me to arms length. "The Cullen's. They just left" I said and dad pulled me into another hug. 

"I'm sorry sweetie. It will get better though" He said rubbing my back again. I pulled away and wiped my face. "I'm going to go to Billy's and see if Bella might be there" Dad said and I nodded before walking upstairs to my room quietly closing the door behind me. On my desk was the photo Alice had taken last night. 

I picked it up and walked to my bed as I continued to stare at it. I took off my coat and shoes before lying down and just staring at the photo as silent tears continued to fall. It is truly amazing how the person who picked up every piece of your broken heart and made you feel ok for a moment has the ability to shatter it into tinier pieces than before.

That's the thing about love. It takes a while to happen and only minutes to end...