Chapter 11

"Edward, I said leave me alone!" Bella said as we walked inside. "Bella please don't do this!" Edward pleaded. "Ell, please just talk" Jasper said. "Jasper just leave me alone!" I cried before running upstairs and to my room.

"It's over! Get out!" Bella said before slamming the door and running upstairs also. "Hey, hey , hey, hey. Girls? What's going on?" Dad said coming up the stairs. "Elise and I just have to get outta here. We are leaving now" I heard Bella say as Jasper helped me pack some clothes. "Bella? Elise?" Dad said knocking on both our doors.

"Jasper, I don't know what to do! Bella and I can't hurt him!" I cried quietly to Jasper. "Girls what's going on?" Dad continued making my heart break. "You may just have to Darlin, if it means he will let you go" Jasper said cradling my face. I grabbed my bags and walked out of my room. "Elise? Did Jasper hurt you?" Dad questioned as I entered the bathroom rummaging through the cupboards grabbing things I needed.

"No" I said grabbing stuff and putting it into my handbag. "Break up with you or something?" He continued. "No we just had a huge fight and I can't be here right now" I said before walking back into my room to grab one more thing. "I thought you two liked them" Dad said sarcastically. "I'll be down there with Edward" Jasper said and I nodded before exiting my room.

I walked into Bella's and shut the door. "I don't know what to say to him" I said. "I do" She replied. "Yeah that's why we have to leave. I don't want this. We want to go home" Bella said as she too walked into the bathroom. "Home? Your mom's not even in Phoenix" Dad said trying to reason with us. "She'll come home. I'll call her from the road" Bella replied.

"You two aren't gonna drive home right now. You can sleep on it. If you still feel like going in the morning I'll take you to the airport" He said following Bella and I as we made our way downstairs. "No, I want to drive. It'll give us more time to think. I mean if we get really tired, I'll pull into a motel I promise" Bella said.

"Look girls, I know I'm not that much fun to be around, but I can change that. We can do more stuff together" Dad said and I looked down at the ground as tears filled my eyes. "Like what? Like watch baseball on the flatscreen? Eat at the diner every night? Steak and cobbler? Dad that's you, not us" I said looking at him before Bella and I walked to the front door.

"Girls someone, I just...I just got you back" Dad said, his voice pained. I looked down at the ground again and began to silently sob out of guilt. "Yeah and you know if we don't get out now, then we are just gonna be stuck here like mom" Bella said before opening the door and dragging me out leaving our dad hurt.

We threw our bags in the bed of the truck before climbing in. Bella pulled out of the driveway and took off. There was a thud and we both jumped turning to see Edward. "Your father is gonna forgive you" He said and I bit my bottom lip. He opened Bella's door leaning in. "Why don't you let me drive?" He said.

She moved over and Edward began driving. "He won't" I whimpered looking out the window at the passing trees. "You should've seen his face. I told him the same thing that our mom told him when she was leaving him" Bella said. "It's the only way he'd let you go" Edward said. "Just don't worry about him now. He's safe, the tracker is following us" Edward said.

There was a loud bang and I screamed as Bella turned around. "Shh. It's just Emmett" Edward said reassuring us. "Alice is in the car behind us" He explained concentrating on the road. We drove past the diner and I turned seeing all our friends exiting. Laughing with out a care in the world. We pulled up to the Cullen's house a few minutes later and I saw Jasper waiting for us.

I got out and quickly grabbed my bags before running to him and dropping them at my feet as I wrapped my arms around him crying. "I'm so scared Jasper!" I cried and he stroked my hair. "Don't worry my love. We will handle it. Lets go inside" He said and I nodded allowing him to lead me inside with Bella and Edward following behind us.

Laurent and Carlisle appeared causing Jasper to push me behind him hissing. "Wait!" Carlisle said raising his hand to Edward and Jasper. "He came to warn us. About James" Carlisle explained. "This isn't my fight and I've grown tired of his games, but he's got unparalleled senses, absolutely lethal. I've never seen anything like him in my 300 years. And the woman, Victoria, don't underestimate her" Laurent warned before exiting the house.

Jasper lead me to the garage where all the cars where. "I've had to fight our kind before, we're not easy to kill" He said to Emmett as they approached the closets. "But not impossible" Emmett said eagerly. "We'll tear him apart and burn the pieces" He continued. "I don't relish the thought of killing another creature, even a sadistic one like James" Carlisle said as he grabbed out an enormous amount of money.

"What if he kills one of us first?" Rosalie said as she sat on the counter. "Jasper and I will run the girls south. Can you lead the tracker away from there?" Edward said as Jasper wrapped his arms around me. "No, Edward, James knows the two of you would never leave the girls. He'll follow you" Carlisle said.

I looked up at Jasper. The thought of leaving him terrifying me. "I'll take the girls. Pierre and I will drive them south" Alice said and Jaspers grip on me tightened. "I'll keep them safe" She said. "Can you keep your thoughts to yourself?" Edward said. "Yes" Alice said grabbing Bella and I. She walked us to Carlisle's car where we climbed into the backseat.

Jasper moved to my side and squatted down in front of me. "Jas" I whispered, my voice breaking as more tears rolled down my cheeks. "Don't worry my love. Alice and Pierre will keep you safe I promise. I will call you everyday and we will see each other soon when all this is over" He said and I nodded.

"Here take this. You must be freezing" He said handing me his jacket. With everything going on I didn't even realise that I had forgotten my jacket at home and how cold I actually was. He gripped my hands in his kissing my knuckles. "If anything happens to you..." I whimpered. "Nothing will. I will be perfectly fine" He said.

"I love you so much Jasper" I said leaning my forehead against his. He leaned up and pressed his lips against mine deepening the kiss for a few moments before pulling away. He stood up and closed my door before leaning through the window. "You are all that matters to me. I won't stop until you're safe again. I love you so much Elise" Jasper said.

I leaned up and pressed my lips to his one more time before Alice started the car. She drove out of the driveway and sped off. I turned around and gave one last glimpse of Jasper before facing the front and resting my head against the window as I watched the scenery pass the tears silently rolling down my cheeks.