Chapter 23

There was a knock on my bedroom door and I opened my eyes turning over. "Come in" I said and the door opened to reveal Bella. "Hey umm I'm going to Jacob's house to fix up some motorbikes I saved from the junk yard. Wanna come?" She said and I shook my head. "I can't. I'm going over to Sue's house to tutor Seth at 11" I replied and she nodded. 

"Oh ok. I'll uh see you tonight then" She said before exiting my room. I grabbed my phone and checked the time to see it was 8:33 am. I rolled out of bed and walked to my drawers opening them and pulling my clothes for today. I changed into some black jeans and a white tank top with a grey cardigan over the top. 

I threw my hair into a high ponytail and walked downstairs where I saw dad sitting on the sofa watching the news. I walked into the kitchen and grabbed the eggs and milk from the fridge. I cracked the eggs into a bowl and poured some milk in before whisking the two together. I grabbed out a pan and placed it on the stove before turning it on and pouring some oil in. 

 I waited for the pan to heat up and after a few minutes I poured the mix into the pan. I grabbed out a spatula and stirred the eggs until they were golden brown. I turned off the stove and poured the scramble eggs onto a plate before sitting down at the table with knife, fork and ketchup. I poured some on my eggs before beginning to eat. 

"You going around to the Clearwater's today?" Dad asked and I nodded as he walked into the kitchen to make another coffee. "Yeah" I said after swallowing my food. "You like it over there uh?" Dad said smugly as he leaned against the counter. "Yeah I do. Sue has been like a mom to me these past few weeks ya know. Teaching me how to cook, being a shoulder to cry on, someone I can talk to, someone who has made me laugh. Seth and Leah have been awesome too" I said and dad nodded. 

"Good. I'm glad that you're getting happy again" Dad said and I nodded. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I pulled onto the gravely driveway and parked my car before turning it off and climbing out of my car. I walked up up to the front door knocking and waiting for someone to answer. The door opened and I saw the warm face of Harry. "Hey Ell" He said smiling. "Hi Harry" I said before I stepped inside the house and he closed the door behind me. 

"Seth is up in his room" Harry said and I nodded before making my way upstairs to his room. I knocked on the door and heard a come in before slowly opening the door. "Hey Seth" I said walking into his room to see him sitting on his bed with his laptop. I closed the door behind me and sat on the end of his bed. 

"One second. I just need to finish this level" Seth said, his fingers dancing across the keys of his computer. Seths appearance was disheveled. His hair was spiking in every which way, his eyes had slight bags under them, he smelled a little like sweat and his laptop was plugged into the charger. 

There was a knock on the door and I turned to see Sue opening the door. "Seth Johnathon Clearwater! I told you to stop playing that stupid computer game last night at 10 o'clock!" Sue snapped crossing her arms and I had to suppress my giggles. "I know I just need to pass this level" He said not taking his eyes off of the screen. 

Sue walked over to him and snatched the laptop out of his hands. "Hey what the-" Seth said reaching for his device however Sue snatched it from his reach. "You need a break from this constant gaming you do! No wonder you need tutoring!" Sue scolded as she took the DVD for the game out of the computer and Seth groaned. 

"Now get up, have a shower, get dressed and then study with Ell. If I feel you have done enough then I will think about giving you your game back" Sue said and Seth sighed before standing up and exiting the room. I followed Sue downstairs to the living room and she placed Seths laptop on top of the refrigerator along with the game. 

"Honestly that boy" She said shaking her head and I giggled. "Oh I made some muffins and there are some extra. I boxed them up for you to take home for your dad and sister" Sue said handing me a container filled with about 8 muffins. "Aww thank you Sue. Dad will be happy with these" I said causing both of us to laugh. 

I placed the container into my purse and waited for about 10 minutes before heard running down the stairs. Sue and I looked over to see Seth standing at the bottom of the stairs in a sweatshirt and some shorts. "Ready?" I said looking at him and he nodded. "Yeah. Lets go" He said before I got up and followed him up the stairs to his room. 

Seth closed the door behind me after we entered the room. We sat down on his bed and began working on his english.