Chapter 2~

A/N (before I start,): These guys do cuss. AFTER ALL, THEY ARE ADULTS. WELL GROW UP KIDS, LANGUAGE IS USED IN LIFE. :3

{Travis POV} 

I gently wiped my tears, the memory flashing through my mind yet again. My mother was a great person, and she sacrificed her life for me. Melody came out of the room and put her hand on my shoulder.

"Travis? I understand that you're hurting. It's OK to let it out." She gently rubbed her hand on my back. I sobbed into my hands, my mother's scream echoing through my head over and over again. My head started to throb.

"Ready to go back in?" Melody asks me gently. "We're just finishing up." I slowly nod and take my seat right next to Max. He pats me on the shoulder.

"Alright everyone, now to wrap it up. I suggest you all exchange number and get to know each other better." Melody says, plastering a smile on her face.

Everyone stands up, and Sarah quickly taps my shoulder.

"Hey, I noticed you and I both lost someone. Wanna hang out?" She says, smiling a bit.

"Uh... Sure. Why not?"

"How about tomorrow? That work?"

"Yeah, meet me at the mall next to the McDonna's."

"How about- You know what, take my number." She says, quickly scribbling a few numbers and dashes on a piece of paper. I quickly pull out my phone and send her a quick text, and her phone buzzes. She flashes me a quick smile. "See you tomorrow!!"

"Yeah... See ya," I say, as she and the others quickly file out of the room. Melody taps me on the shoulder.

"Are you feeling better now, Mr. Valkrum?"

"Yeah. Thanks, Melody." I say, flashing her a small smile. "I think these sessions will really help me."

She giggles. "Glad to know we can help."

I quickly flash her a wave and walk out of the building to my car.

---

I hear three sharp raps on the door, and I open my eyes and Dante is in my room.

"Wakey wakey chocolate cakey," Dante says, presenting me with a stack of pancakes.

"That isn't cake, Dante." I grin.

"Oh, whatever." He scoffs. "Just eat the damn pancakes."

"Gladly," I say, before carefully cutting the golden delight and stuffing the piece into my mouth.

Dante rolls his eyes and shuts the door, and I pick up my plate and head downstairs.

"Hey, I checked your phone this morning and you got a text from someone named Sarah," Dante calls from the kitchen. "You meet her at that weird group therapy thing?"

"Yeah," I call back. "You know what she said?"

"Something about meeting you today, at McDonna's at 4:30. Hey, you should bring her back here, Gene and his gang are coming over later today."

I scoff. "Since when is meeting Gene a good first impression tactic?"

He laughs. "Since he's changed. Hey, he may have been a gigantic douchebag, but he's still my brother."

"Fine, I'll see if she wants to come here after we talk."

"YES!" I laugh at Dante's little celebration.

"Speaking of Sarah, I need to take a shower. You'll see her later, and me to be quite frank." I call, rushing up the stairs to the bathroom.

---

I wait at the door, right outside of McDonna's, and Sarah walks up to me and smiles.

"Hey, Travis. Where are we going?"

"My house, my roommate wants to meet you," I smirk, rolling my eyes.

She laughs. "Roommate?"

"Can't get my own rent when I don't get much sleep," I say, smiling.

She smiles back. "Ah. Well, let's get going then."

We both hop into my car, her turning on some tunes.

---

I swing the door open. "Dante, I'm back," I call, and Dante zooms back into the front room.

"Hey, you must be Sarah," Dante says, jumping then sitting on the couch.

Sarah smiles. "That's me. Travis talked about me?" She looks at me.

"Nope, he stalked my phone and saw your text," I smirk and roll my eyes. Sarah laughs.

We sit down and chat for a while before there's another knock on the door.

"I'll get it!!" Dante yells, before sprinting off towards the door.

"He's energetic." Sarah comments.

I laugh. "You have no idea."

Dante walks back in with his brother and his friends, Gene, Sasha, and Zenix. The Shadow Knights.

"Gene, Sasha, Zenix, meet Sarah. She's a good friend of Travis'." He introduces, and Sarah stands up and shakes their hands. "Sarah, this is my brother Gene and his two friends Zenix and Sasha."

"Nice to meet you all," Sarah says, shaking Zenix's and Sasha's hands first, her hand lingering just slightly in Gene's. I clear my throat and she snaps her head back to look at me.

"So... Why don't we all talk?" I say, and everyone finds a seat, Sarah and Gene are, coincidentally, right next to each other.

Oh, this will be fun.

---

After a while, Sarah has left, as have Zenix and Sasha, and now it's just me, Dante, and Gene. Gene and Dante are making dinner in the kitchen, and a certain scene flashes through my mind.

~FLASHBACK~

"Can you add the cinnamon, Travis?" My mother says sweetly, and I reach the cinnamon on my tip-toes. My mother passes me the small teaspoon, and I carefully pour the powder into the small spoon. I carefully hand the teaspoon to her, and she takes my hand. I stand on my stool, and my mother takes my hand and pour it into the bowl.

I giggle, and carefully dip my pinky finger into the delicious batter, pulls it out, and puts it in my mouth. My mother giggles, and does the same thing, and we giggle.

"The cinnamon made it even better." She says, poking my nose. I giggle.

~FLASHBACK OVER~

THUMP.

I snap out of my thoughts, thanks to the immense amount of pain searing in my sides, and the loud thump that came with me hitting the ground. My hands start shaking, as I bring them down from my wet face, streaming with tears. I clutch my hands to my sides, rocking back and forth. I hear faintly someone yell something, but I can't tell exactly what they said. Sweat is forming on the sides of my face, and dripping on to the carpet. Something starts rubbing my back gently, and I try to wipe my tears with my shaking hand. I hear Dante's voice in my ear, whispering. His voice calms me, and I slowly stop sobbing and sit up.

"You ok buddy?" Dante asks me, helping me stand up.

"Better... Thanks..." I say, giving Dante a quick hug.

"Don't worry, I got you," Dante says, patting me on my back.

"Really, I don't know what I would do without you, man," I say, walking with him to the kitchen.

"You'd be on the floor crying." Dante scoffs.

"HEY!!"

Dante checks his phone quickly and gasps. "Crap!! I have to go." He says, running quickly out of the house, leaving me and Gene to wonder where I went.

Word Count: 1184 Words

holy crap. 

This is literally my longest chapter/one-shot EVER. 

And now it has 1200+. WHOOPS

(5/8/19 edit: LIES)