Chapter 34~

{Zane's POV}

I checked in on the order, one last time. I pulled the milk out of the fridge, as Travis slipped into the kitchen.

"Morning." I called, and he smiled.

"Good morning ZuZu~"

"I told you not to call me that." I said, smiling a bit under my mask.

"Aw come on, you know you liked it~" He wraps his arms around my torso as I pour the milk into the cereal bowl. "You pour cereal first? Weird."

I turn around to look at him. "You pour the milk first?! Who does that?!"

Travis shrugs. "I like to keep things interesting."

"You've got to be kidding me." I groan, rolling my eyes. "You're a complete weirdo." I pry Travis' arms off of me. "So, you have any plans for today?"

"No, why?"

"I was thinking we do something together."

"Are you asking me on a date?"

"Yes."

"Aw, that's my joob!"

---

I finally set out the last of the ingredients, pulling out the rest of the bowls and pans, setting them on the table. I headed back into the kitchen, assessing my work. It looked fully ready for baking. Just then, Travis walked into the kitchen, a small confused look on his face.

"What's all this for..?" He asks, picking up a whisk.

"Us." I say, plucking it out of his hands and setting it back where it was.

"Baking?" Travis asks.

"Yep. Also hoping this doesn't do anything. It would be a shame to have to go back to Melody after all this time." I wink, and Travis laughs.

"It'll be good to make newer, better memories with baking." He smiles a bit sadly. I set my hand on his shoulder.

"Then let's get to it."

"What're we making?"

"My specialty. Cupcakes."((I was so tempted to write speciality there whoops))

---

I pulled out the piping bag, putting in the blue and green frosting, closing it, then handing it to Travis. "Ready to frost?"

"As I'll ever be... Since I don't know how to frost." Travis said, nervously taking the piping bag.

"Oh, it's easy." I say, wrapping my arms around his waist, setting my hands on his, and setting my head on his shoulder. He looked over at me slightly and smiled. "All you have to do, is squeeze on the bag, and make any design you want."

We start on the first cupcake, and I guide Travis' hands to frost the first one like normal, around and up.

Travis' smile grows as I let go of his hands, sliding my arms out, and he steps back, looking at it. "That looks... amazing. How often do you do this?!"

"Only when there's ingredients... Garroth's the only one who gets groceries, so... Sometimes he doesn't buy me ingredients." I say, sheepishly.

Travis laughs. "You still seem like a pro."

"Thanks, I guess... It's really not that hard with practice." I scratch the back of my neck, my face heating up.

Travis smiles. "Guess I'll have to get more practice."

"Now's a good time to start." I say, smiling under my mask.

"Alright." Travis says, picking up another piping bag and handing it to me.

I smile, taking the bag and pulling out another cupcake from the tray. I put a different cap on, starting to make a small flower design on top. I smiled to myself, taking a step back from the small turquoise rose on the cupcake.

"Oh Enki." Travis said, half laughing half groaning. "I messed it up..."

I looked over at his cupcake, to see a small swirl on top of it, better than any swirl I could have tried to do. I smiled.

"Travis, that looks amazing." I say, walking over to him.

"You really think so?"

((it's raining outside and it smells like rain rn and i'm so content omg))

"I know so. It's perfect..!" I say, picking up the cupcake. "Really, it's so good."

Travis' face grows slightly red. "Th-Thanks..."

I set the cupcake down, smirking. "Did the mighty cassanova Travis just... stutter..?"

"No!" Travis protests, crossing his arms in front of his chest. I chuckle, pulling down my mask. Travis' face heats up a whole lot more, and I smirk.

"I think he did.." I say, getting a bit closer to his face. I see him try to form words, but end up just shutting his mouth. "Aw, Mr. Pouty."

"L-Let's just get back to f-frosting..." Travis stutters, chuckling nervously. I laugh at him, getting back to frosting.

---

After we've finished, Travis has only gotten better at frosting.

"Travis, you are a natural." I say, smiling at him.

His face melts from the one of concentration, to a soft smile, upon turning around and looking at me.

"Hey, are you guys in the kitchen...?" Garroth calls, sounding slightly flustered.

"Yeah!" I call back, and both of us turn to face the blonde standing in the doorway.

"Aw, how was the lovebird's day..?" Garroth cooes, making both of our faces heat up, but we both mumble some sort of "Good.."Garroth smiles.

"I ship it."

"Sam has rubbed off on you too much." Travis chuckles.

"I DON'T CARE I SHIP IT! ZANVIS!"

"Did Sam teach you that?" I tease.

"No, Laur."

Travis screeches. "YOU CALLED HIM LAUR, IS MY SHIP SAILING?!"

Garroth's face heats up. "Sure, Travis. A week ago."

Travis screeches again. "GARRANCE YAS."

I just laugh. "You idiots."

They both screech.

----

Word Count: 872 words

AWWWWWWWWWWWWW

couple goals ami right?

ALSO ZANE IS SECRETLY FLOWEY OKAY BYE-

anyway I seriously can't thank you guys enough for all the support you've shown me since I started this book. To be honesty, I love every single one of your comments, they really make my day! Thank you so much to every single one of you who supports this book.

ILY ALL SO FREAKING MUCH UNDERSTAND THAT!

xoxo, Sam