Chapter 27~

Here we are again...

{Zane's POV}

I could feel my feet thumping against the floor to my heartbeat, racing constantly. I raced alongside Travis and Sarah, all of us skidding to a stop, coming to a cabin in the middle of nowhere.

"How did they manage to carry Sam all the way out here...?" Travis mumbles to himself, but just loud enough so we can hear him.

"Wheelbarrow?" Sarah supplies.

"It's been at best a couple of miles." I say, bending over to catch my breath.

"Miles?!" Sarah says, and Travis and I shush her.

"We need to get inside without being detected. And somehow... Carry Sam all the way back." Travis says, motioning for us to form a circle.

"How strong are you, Travis?" Sarah asks, completely ignoring me. Not that I mind, I'm not that strong anyways.

"Uh.. Pretty strong." Travis hesitates, surprised at being asked the question.

"You're gonna carry Sam out of there. As for sneaking in... You two will go in. Me trying to save her will make her yell out in joy, or not. But I'm not taking that chance." Sarah said, firmly. "Plus, Zane is better in the shadows."

Okay. I deserved that one for wearing all black almost all the time.

"Ready Zane?" Travis turned to me. I nodded, as he and I crept into the abandoned cabin.

"You check downstairs, I'll check up." I whispered, heading over to the base of the stairs. Travis nods, and heads into a room. I head up the steps, trying not to make them creak. I peek into a room, seeing nothing. I head to the next one, peeking in again.

Still nothing. Damn.

I peek into the last room, and find Sarah's ginger friend on the bed, asleep.

Found her.

Soon, I feel someone's breath on my neck.

"Good, you found her." Travis whispers right in my ear, sending shivers down my spine. He ignores that, pulling a key out of his pocket and unlocking the handcuffs around her wrists. Travis picks her up, and the two of us slowly creep down the stairs and out of the house, running off.

When Sarah spots us with Sam, she bolts after us.

And our footsteps pound once again, eager to get out of that hell.

--

REFNTklULiBEQU1OIFlPVSBBTEwuIEkgV0lMTCBHRVQgTVkgUkVWRU5HRS4=