Chapter 49~

[Travis' POV]

The sky was dark. The cloudy haze that surrouded the city reflected the mood of all the people in the room right now...

The room was dark. Set with a gloomy atmosphere and quiet conversation.

Everyone was mourning.

It was Melody's funeral.

((Oopsies, sad chapter--))

Suddenly, everyone was silent. Even the sniffs from teary faces were silenced as we looked at the door.

None of us were expecting anyone else to come.

Especially not a police officer.

The small chatter resumed as the police came up to talk with me.

"Travis Valkrum, correct?" He said in a low voice, matching the tone of the others.

I nod.

"Thank you for informing us of the many deaths that this... Ze'ev Kesley has performed. Wolf, as you know him."

Ze'ev Kesley?

"He has done many more murders in the past... He's heading into an asylum for good."

I sigh with relief. Our actions have done everyone good.

The officer pats my shoulder. "You're a great leader, from what I've been told, Travis."

I smile slightly, my mood still not the best. "Thank you sir."

He walks around for a bit, talking to everyone else.

I looked down at the ground, when someone set a hand on my shoulder again. I turned around, expecting it to be the officer, but it was Zane... Worry and sadness evident in his eyes.

I give him a small smile. "Hey... You okay?"

He nods. "Melody was just the one that brought us all together..."

"I know." I said, hugging him. "We have a lot to thank her for." Zane wraps his arms around me as well, sighing and nodding. "That's why we can just be here for the people who loved her. We can support them in her memory."

Zane smiles. "You are somehow always right."

----

Word Count: 302 words

AHHHHHHH IT'S THE SECOND TO LAST CHAP W H A T

I'M GETTING EMOTIONAL

WE'RE GONNA START THE NEW BOOK IN SEPTEMBER TOO, PROBABLY

KNOWING ME

LMAO

siiiiiiigh

Anyways, hope you enjoyed!

Ily all! xoxo Sam