Chapter 36~

[Sarah's POV]

I sat at my desk, staring at the date.

I can't even wrap my head around this.

Friday, June 16 201X.

I felt the tears thretening, as the reality of today set in.

The day Jay died. ((aka Uzi for those who are confused))

I felt the tears threten, as I stumbled to my phone, grabbing it and immediatly dialing my girlfriend's number.

"Hello?" I heard her voice through the phone, and immediately broke down into hideous sobs, still pressing the phone close to my ear. "Oh my Divine, Sarah, I'll be right there, just hold on." She said, and shuffling noises were heard on the other line, as I continued to let out small sobs, my breath hitching.

"H-Hurry..." I barely manage to whisper, tears still running down my face.

"Don't worry babe, I'll be there as quick as I can." Sam says, out of breath slightly. "Just hang on. I'll even stay on the line if you want me to."

"Mhm..." I confirm, still keeping the phone close to my hear, in order to hear her voice as clearly as possible.

"Alright, I'll stay on. Just hang on, okay Sarah? Stay strong." Sam says her voice shaking just slightly. "I'll be there in 5 minutes."

"Thank you.." I whisper, my sobs subsiding, my breath still hitching slightly.

"Anything for you."

----

Sam runs into my house, quickly wrapping her arms around me.

I hug her back, burying my face into her chest and shoulder.

"What's wrong...?" She asks, her tone comforting.

"It's June 16th.."

"Oh my Divine. Sarah... It's okay.."

"I-It still hurts..." The image of Jay in his last moments flashes again, and I let out a pathetic sob. Sam starts gently petting my hair, calming me down.

"Hey, it's gonna be okay. You want to go visit him? Or would that be too much?"

"No... Let's go." I say, and Sam lets go of me, letting me get ready for the day.

---

Despite it being June, I still wore black, in memory. Never hurt. Sam still forced me to wear sunscreen, since she knew how bad the sun in America could be. Plus the didn't want us to get burned.

I stepped out of the car, heading towards the spot I remember too well. Sam follows a bit behind, not actually knowing where we were headed. I found the certain spot, and Sam handed me the flowers, which I promptly sat down in front of the large stone. 

((I think you know where they are. I just don't wanna say the thing on the stone cause... i dun wanna bother Uzi so))

Sam grabs my hand, for comfort, as a few stray tears drip down my face. She wipes them off, planting a soft kiss on my forehead. 

"It's gonna be okay..." She soothes, rubbing her thumb over my knuckles. 

Suddenly, her phone rings, and she picks it up, answering. 

"Hello?" She said, and there was a small pause. "Cemetery wh- Oh. Right, we'll be right there." Sam hangs up. 

"Who was it..?" I ask, looking concerned. 

"Laurance. Katelyn told him Kacey's gone missing."

----

Word Count: 520 words

and this dear readers, is where the story picks up. 

hope you guys are excited for the beginning of the climax

it dies down for 2 chaps in between but that's about it

anywho

I'd just like to tell y'all that I got a job, and I'll be off during the summer for 6 weeks, starting June 9. So.. I'll try my best to write chapters while I'm off, but I won't be able to upload them until July 16. Just a heads up. 

Otherwise uploads will come before that :) 

Have a nice day!

ily all, xoxo Sam