Healing is a process

Ethan's
POV...

   I sat on the couch waiting for Grayson to get back from his morning run, I wanted to join, but he insisted I relax and get comfortable. My eyes were partially open and red I bet. I groaned and held my knees to my chest as I watched 'Spy'. Comedic things always helped me growing up, but this didn't feel right. So I just turned off the TV and went upstairs to my room, since I was still tired.

  Opening the door I see the place where I technically lost my mind. I shivered and layed down pulling the duvet over me. I layed on my side facing the bay window, it was dark and gloomy. Fog hugged the ground which made me feel as if it was hugging me. I layed on my side and hugged my pillow. Just then my phone buzzed. I grabbed it from the nightstand and read the message.

7:56

JackJack😇: E, you okay? You haven't texted me back.. 😢 I see you leave my text to read..

7:57

JackJack😇: Did I.. say something? 😢😢😣😭🙁

   I mentally punched myself. I want to reply with 'Hell yeah you said something, now go fuck off', but I also wanted my friend back..

   After what seemed like forever, I started typing.

7:59

: Hey..

7:59

JackJack😇: UEBDHDINSBDUWJSBSU THANK GOD!! ETHIE WTF YA SICK BASTARD 😠😡!! I WAS SO LONELY AND I MISS YOU 😢😢😭

8:00

: Just some stuff happened, I'm okay, I'm healthy, I'm not dying, I'm good.

8:01

JackJack😇: Good!! I'm glad! So, how's life been doing you? 🙂

8:01

: Idk anymore.. something happened and it's really taking a hit on me..😓🙁

8:02

JackJack😇: Well, I'm not gonna force it out of you, so I'll mind my own business. For now..😑

8:03

: Heh, don't worry bud ☺, I'm good. So, how's life??

8:03

JackJack😇: Ya know, just me being lil old Jack. Wandering around, shit like that.

8:04

: 😮

   Once I sent that text I hear the front door open. I listen more closely to see if I hear Grayson.

   "E! Are you upstairs?" I hear Gray yell. I had a sigh of relief.

   "Yeah! My room!" I yelled back. I hear footsteps coming up the stairs and then walking down the hall. I sat there on my bed and turned off my phone. There he was, Grayson was quite sweaty and he huffed as he stopped to take a quick breath. I snickered a bit.