#1 L Lawliet [Ryuzaki] (Death Note)

"You've been sending glances this way for quite a while now (Y/N). Is something the matter?" Ryuzaki asked monotonous.

You stiffened in your seat because Ryuzaki may have just caught you staring at him. How mortifying. Ever since you've been assigned to the task force headquarters you've somehow fallen for the famous detective.

You can't help but smile when he's enjoying his sweet treats just like a little kid. It's really cute. And the way he talks and his little quirks makes him so much more likable. But what hits you straight in the heart is when he does that little smile of his on rare occasions.

"You know staring at Light is going to anger Miss Amane." He said while eating a piece of cake.

"Uh- what...I wasn't looking at Light." You laughed awkwardly.

"Oh I see. Is it because I'm the only one eating cake?" He placed a thumb over his bottom lip. "You can have mine if you want, I have no objections."

"Uh- It's not that either." You blushed and rolled your chair next to his.

"Well, what is it then?" He asked poking a fork in the cake.

"I know this isn't professional and all but since you've asked. Have you ever liked someone?" You asked.

"Hmm," He thought."Yes and I have for a while now. Why the sudden question?"

"Well, I think I have feelings for someone but I don't know how to deal with it." You admitted, blush formed on your cheeks.

"Yes, I see what you mean. I've had that problem myself. Well if you like Light I don't see the problem in telling him but there's a 99% chance that Miss Amane will go mad. You better think this through." He placed his head on his knees.

"Wait- you think I like Light? Ryuzaki are you crazy." You whisper yelled.

"Well there's no need to be shy about (Y/N)." He gave that small rare smile of his.

"Your reduction skills are off for once Ryuzaki." You stated and he looked at you with questioning eyes. "I don't like Light at all heck it never crossed my mind. The person I like is you L." You smiled shyly.

His eyes widened with shock and the fork fell from his grasp and hit the floor. He slowly turned his chair to face you. You noticed a little blush that tinted his cheeks.

"So..." he said hesitantly. "You like me back?" Now it was your turn to be shocked. L just admitted that he liked you back.

You slowly nodded in agreement and watched that cute smile envelope his lips once more. You leaned down to Ryuzaki and pecked his cheek and you watched his face brighten up with life.

"Here," he held a strawberry. "I'll give you this strawberry if you do that again."

You smiled at his dorkiness and accepted the strawberry. You pecked his cheek again and embraced him in a hug and a few seconds later you felt his hands on your back.

You knew L is the only person you could ever love. Most people wouldn't understand why you would fall for someone so quirky but it doesn't matter what others think of it because in your heart, loving L just feels right.

------
A/N: My first L oneshot! So excited!
Please don't forget to vote and comment!

Happy Reading!
~Author-chan