Chapter 36

M E L

Scarlett and I are now here at the hospital and we are walking towards Zayn's bedroom. I feel a tear slide down my face, it happens every time I come here with Scarlett to see him.

What if Scarlett ends up growing without a father, what if I have to raise her on my own, what if it gets to the point where she'll ask 'Where's Daddy?' what will I say? I can't say, 'oh you know,he's been un a coma for years'.

When I get to the front door of Zayn's room I think, should I continue to come here daily? I brush off the thought and walk inside.

I see Zayn laying on the bed, where he has been for the past 2 months. I walk over beside him and sit in the chair next to him with Scarlett in my lap. I stare down at him and feel more and more tears fall down my face.

"Zayn? Please wake up" I whisper "I need you... Scarlett needs you, we all need you, I love you Zayn, and I demand you to wake up. I can't take it anymore, what if Scarlett grows up and asks about her father?" I speak my thoughts "What if she grows up without a father, she needs you and so do I" At this moment I'm crying, literally crying "Zayn?... Zayn?" I scream louder and louder "Zayn?!" I grab his hand and hold it, I kiss him on his forehead and sit Scarlett on the bed next to her dad.

.

.

.

.

I wake up and realise I'm in Zayn's room in the hospital with Scarlett sleeping in a little crib. I don't remember falling asleep. Zayn is still here laying down still as ever.

Z A Y N

I realise i'm in a coma, i don't know how long its been, has it been days? months? years? I don't know.

"Zayn? Please wake up" I hear Mel whisper "I need you... Scarlett needs you, we all need you, I love you Zayn, and i demand you to wake up. I can't take it anymore, what if Scarlett grows up and asks about her father? "What if she grows up without a father, she needs you and so do I"
There's a pause.

"Zayn?... Zayn?" She screams louder and louder "Zayn?!" I feel her grab my hand and hold it, I feel her kiss me on my forehead and sit Scarlett on the bed next to me.

I can hear her, I can feel her, but I can't move or talk. Suddenly the rooms goes quiet but I feel her fall asleep next to me.

.

.

.

.

I hear Mel wake up and walk over to the other side of the room. I try to move my head and hands.

I move my head to the side and then I move my fingers...

"Zayn!" I hear Mel screames "Doctor! He just moved!"

I move my head to the other side and move my hand, I force my eyelids to open, they open but I can only see the place all blurry. My vision starts to clear out and I finally can see perfectly.

"Zayn!" Mel screams again

"M-M Mel?" I say softy.

M E L

I walk over to grab Scarlett and leave when I see Zayn move.

"Zayn!" I scream "Doctor! He just moved!"

The doctor comes rushing in and he moves again...

"Zayn!" I scream again and run to him

"M-M Mel?" He softly whispers

"Zayn?" I whisper and my eyes start spilling happy tears.

The doctor tells me to move out of the room so I take Scarlett and walk out of the room hoping he'll be okay.

A few minutes later the doctor walks out of the room.

"Um... excuse me. Is he okay? can I see him?"

"Oh yeah, he's okay and will be going home tomorrow" He says

"Ahhhh!" I scream "thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you"

I run into Zayn's room with Scarlett in my hands and see him laying down.

"Zayn!" I say "I can't believe it"

"Hi... how long was I, you know, in a c-"

"2 months" I say "worst 2 months of my life, literally, I came her daily with Scarlett, and I started worrying, and I thought it was gonna be years and, and I, I just, really missed you" I say in one breath "oh and you can come home tomorrow" I smile

"Wow, okay... can I see Scarlett?" He says and I hand her to him. "Wow, looks like its been years, she's grown" he says and smiles.

"I know right" I say and sit down on his bed.

Please Vote & Comment