Chapter 57

M E L A N I E.

After Lisbet and I finish our food we start walking around with our hands full of shopping bags.

*Ring Ring*

I hear a phone ringing, I realise its Lisbet's.

"Hello?" I hear her saying, she says a bunch of 'yeah' 'okay' 'mm'. She finally ends the call and looks at me.

"I'm so sorry, I have to go. I guess I'll see you later then?" She says

"Uh, yeah sure" I say and smile

"How'll you get home?" She asks

"Oh, Don't worry. I'll call Gracie or someone" I smile

"Sure you'll be fine?" She asks

"Yes! Yes! Go!" I smile and she walks off. I turn around and almost bump into somebody.

"Oh, I'm so sorry" I hear a voice say.

"Its okay" I smile

"Hey, I'm Jake" He says

"Hi, I'm Mel.." I smile, I turn around and start to walk away.

"Oh wait! Um.. are you doing anything?" He says, I look at him confused

"Actually I'm just leaving for home" I smile and walk towards a taxi that just pulled up in front of the shopping centre.

"Wait, you want a ride?" He asks

"Nah, I'm fine" I say

"Please, I insist for bumping into you" He says

"Oh, Don't worry. Its not a big deal" I smile

"Please" He pouts

"Fine, Okay" I give in, he starts walking into the car park and stops at a bright red Ferrari.

"Your Joking!" I laugh

"Hop in" He says and smiles

I hop in and put my seatbelt in.

...

The whole ride we just talked about random stuff. He stopped the car in front of my apartment building and I hop out of the car. He hops out as well.

I look at him confused.

"I'll walk you up, don't worry. I won't do anything wrong" He smiles

I smile and sigh in relief. I walk up through the front doors and of the building and I walk up the stairs. Man! This Building Has Gotta Get An Elevator! Once we get to the door of my apartment I turn to Jake and say 'bye'. He looks at me confused.

"Okay. Bye." I say and slightly open the door.

"Um.. can I come in?" He asks

"No" I say "I-I'm sorry. Okay" I say. He smiles and I open the door for him.

Great. I really hope Zayn isn't home.

I walk inside and walk into the kitchen. "Want anything to drink?" I ask

"Yeah, just a glass of water, thanks" He says, I grab a cup and fill it up with water and hand it to him.

"So... do you live here alone?" He asks, and just then I hear Scarlett starts crying. "Wait, is that your baby?" he asks and I nod.

I walk out of the kitchen and into the bedroom to see Scarlett laying in her crib, crying. I walk over to get and I pick her up and cradle her in my arms. "Shhhhhh" I make her fall asleep but I fail and she keeps crying. I turn around and almost bump into Jake.

"Sorry" I say and walk around him.

"Zayn!" I yell, I walk into the lounge room and see Zayn laying on the couch sound asleep. "Aggh! Zayn!" I shake him and wake him up. He turns around and rubs his eyes. "Scarlett was crying! Did you not hear her or were you too busy sleeping. Can you be responsible for a couple of hours?" I ask him

"Excuse me?" He sits up and I roll my eyes. He looks behind me and widens his eyes "Who the hell is this?"

I look behind me and sigh. Scarlett starts crying, again. I rock her in my arms and walk into the kitchen and make her a bottle. After making her a bottle and putting her into her crib I walk back into the lounge room and see that Zayn is sitting on the couch and Jake has left. What did I miss?

I walk over, slowly towards Zayn and sit down beside him. I grab the tv remote and turn it on.

"Zayn, I can't come with you" I turn and look at him, he looks at me. "I'm sorry, its just that-"

"Its just that I'm not good enough for you, Its just that you don't wanna be with me for the rest of your life" He goes on

"Zayn. Stop. Its not you, I just can't come with you to a different state!" I say

"No, you can't wait to get rid of me. You brought a guy home today, Why the fuck would you do that?!"He yells

"Look, Lisbet had to be somewhere and he just drove me home" I simply say

"Sure, its fine to go home with a complete stranger" He says

"I give up!" I stand up "This is why i can't come with you, what if we fight, where will I go. All my family and friends are here. This is the place I am most familiar with" I say and walk into the bedroom.

We have been doing this way to much lately. We fight all the time, I don't know why but one of us always does something wrong and it ends up with us both fighting, it isn't good for Scarlett. She needs to be safe with parents who aren't young. With parents who are responsible.

I sit on the edge of the bed with my head in my hands. I hear the door open slightly. I look up and see Zayn.

"Zayn. I gotta tell you something" I say, he sits down beside me.

"At first, when I was having the baby, Mum always told me if I couldn't handle her and that I wasn't ready to be a parent yet that, there was this couple across the street from my mothers house. The lady has a problem with herself and isn't able to have a baby..." I say "Mum said, if it gets too much, and I can't give her the proper care for her, that we could let them adopt Scarlett"

I suddenly burst into tears. They just fall down the side of my face.

"M-Mel, are you considering giving Scarlett away?" He asks

"I-I don't think that I can give her he proper care, I'm only 17, and it isn't right for us to fight. It isn't good for the baby" I cry more...

Please Vote & Comment

Instagram- Jessxwilling

Twitter-jjessxwilling