Chapter 65

M E L A N I E

After Zayn and I had a shower and we both had breakfast, we decided to take Scarlett out since its our last day in the state.

I grab Scarlett's pram while Zayn gets Scarlett from the lounge room.

Zayn walks out of the lounge room and towards me with Scarlett on his shoulders.

"Mel.. she is getting heavier by the minute" He laughs and I just laugh.

He puts Scarlett in the pram and we walk out the apartment, Zayn locks the door while I walk into the elevator. Zayn hurries in after me and he pushes the bottom button.

"So.. we are just going to the park down the street?" Zayn says

"Yep" I say

The elevator dings open and we walk out. We walk out of the building and start to walk down the street towards the park.

I still can't believe today is our last day here, I'll miss this place heaps but Kansas is supposed to be a really nice and good place.

We pass a man sitting on the side of the road. His clothes are torn and he looks quite old. He's laying there likes he is about to die. I suddenly stop and Zayn gives me a look saying 'what the fuck are you doing' I just smile and grab my purse from underneath the pram. I grab some money and hand it to the man.

"Here, go buy some food for yourself" I smile and put my purse back away. I keep walking with Zayn behind me.

"What was that?" He asks me

"I'm sorry for being nice to that homeless man" I say

"You cant just give someone money thats on the streets-"

"Why can't I?" I ask

He doesn't say anything

"Exactly" I say and continue to walk.

Once we get to the park I grab Scarlett into my arms and take her over to the baby swing.

I slide her into the swing and do up the little chain belt. Scarlett smiles and I laugh. I walk around to behind and I push her lightly. Scarlett suddenly burst out into laughter. I laugh along with her.

"Zayn! Come here" I yell, His eyes are glued to his phone and the smile wipes of my face. "Zayn? Whats wrong?" He looks up and smiles

"What? oh nothing. Its fine" He smiles

"Okaaay then" I say and continue to push Scarlett. She starts to cry so I run to the pram and grab her bottle, I run back to the swing and un-chain her. I slip her out of the swing and take her to the bench where Zayn's sitting.

I lay Scarlett on my lap and hand her the bottle. I hold the bottle up and she drinks it. Her eyes slowly close and I rock her in my arms. I look over at Zayn and his eyes are still glued to his phone.

"Zayn? are you okay?" I ask

"Yes" He simply says

"Hey, guess what?" I say

"what?" He asks, eyes still on his phone

"I'm moving to Australia" I say

"Cool" He says, eyes STILL on his phone

"and also guess what" I ask

"Aha what?" He asks

"I'm marrying Harry" I say

"wow, cool" He says

"YOUR NOT EVEN LISTENING TO ME!" I yell and he suddenly looks up

"What?" He ask

"Oh my fucking god!" I yell

"waaaaaa" Scarlett starts to cry

"Aggh" I complain and start to rock Scarlett again. "What are you doing, Zayn? You didn't even hear what I just said" I say

"What do you mean. I heard you" He defends

"aha okay, what'd I say?" I ask

"Umm.... Ooo look. Someones calling me" He says and puts his phone to my ear. "Aha, oh okay. Yep, sure. Thats lovely. Thank you." He says and then 'hangs up'.

"Who was that?" I ask

"Nobody" he says looking down

"Pass your phone" I say and hold out my free hand.

"Noooo" He says "Mine"

I raise and eyebrow and he sighs.

"Here you go" He says

Please vote & Comment