Chapter 61

Z A Y N

I wake up and notice Mel has woken up from bed. I stand from the bed and walk into the kitchen.

I have a shower and get changed. I walk out of the room and hear a noise coming from the kitchen. I walk into the kitchen and see Mel standing there making breakfast. I walk up to her, behind her and hug her. She turns around and smiles. She pecks me on my lips and says "Good Morning sleepy head"

"Good Morning Beautiful" I say and kiss her "What ya making?" I ask

"Food" She says

"What food?" I ask

"Breakfast food" She replies

"What breakfast food?" I ask

"Yummy breakfast food" She says, I raise my eyebrow and look at her.

"Egg and Bacon with toast" She says

"Was that really hard to say before?" I ask, she just rolls her eyes and I chuckle.

She finished making the food and lays it out on the table. I sit down and start eating my food.

"Thank you slave" I say and laugh, she just stands there looking at me after a while she brakes into a smile

"Your most welcome, Master" She laughs and I grab her and tickle her.

"Z-Zayn st-stop" She says between laughs. I finally let her go and she tries to attempt to tickle me but I sit there chuckling.

"Give it up already" I say, she sighs and walk over and sits down on the seat opposite me. She starts eating and I stare at her.

"What?!" She says

"Nothing" I say

"Stop staring at me!" she yells

"Okay...okay" I put my hands up in defence

"I think I'll start packing today" She says and I stay quiet "And I think you should start to"

"I'm already done"

"No your not" She says

"Yes.. actually I am" I say

"Don't lie to me" She says

"Aggghhh" I complain "Noooo"

She finishes her food and stands up, I stand up to and put my plate in the sink.

"Thank you, Maid" I say "That was delicious"

"Your welcome, Sir" She says and walks out of the kitchen. I follow her into the bedroom.

M E L A N I E

I grab the big suitcase from the drawer and put it on the bed. I see Zayn leaning on the door frame with his arms crossed.

"Whats with you and staring at me!" I yell at him

"Oh nothing" He smiles, he walks into the bedroom and suddenly pushes me to the wall. His lips crash into mine and for a minute I'm lost in a world with just the both of us. Suddenly I hear crying. I pull away and walk around Zayn and into Scarlett's bedroom. I pick her up and bring her into the lounge room. I make a bottle for her and give it to her. I stare at her for a moment and suddenly tears slide down my face.

I remember the contract I signed about the adopted. Regret fill my heart, I sit on the lounge with her in my arms. The adoption starts next week... and we are leaving in 3 days. I suddeny get a crazy idea that if the police find out I could get in trouble. I signed that contract. Suddenly I'm in a puddle of tears (not literally). I stand up and walk into the bedroom where Zayn is. He see's me and his eyes widen.

"Have you been crying" He comes
over and hugs me

"Ok.. listen" I start "I don't want The Jones to adopt Scarlett, so...."

G R A C I E

Yesterday after I told Harry to drop me off I went inside the house and saw my little brother and Mum. It feels like I haven't seen them in years. I sit down with Mum and we talk.

F L A S H B A C K

I open the door and walk inside.
"Hello?" I call through the house. "Mum? Jacob?"

I hear somebody come running down the stairs, I look ahead and see Jacob running towards me, he pulls me into a hug and I hug him back and smile. "Gracie!" He smiles "Your back!"

"Hello, Jacob" I say "Wheres Mum"

"She's outside doing the washing" He says, I thank him and he holds my hand leading me outside towards Mum. "Mum!" He yells at Mum "Gracie is here!"

Mum turns around and smiles at me, she comes forward towards me and hugs me tightly. She looks like she hasn't slept in days.. bags under eyes, no makeup on, her hair looks like it hasn't been done and it looks like she hasn't showered today or yesterday.

"Mum" I say "Are you alright?" I ask. She nods and ignores my question.

"So how have you been" She asks

"I'm fine, how are you" I ask

"I'm good" She says

"Is something wrong?" I ask Mum

"Jacob, could you go to your room, I need to talk to Gracie" She says, he lets go of my hand and walks inside the house. Mum leads me over to the outdoor table and chairs. I take a seat and so does she.

"We have been having trouble with money, the bills are getting higher and harder for me to pay. I don't have a good paying job and if we don't pay our bills we are getting kicked out. Next week." She takes in a deep breath "Next week, we have to come up with $10 000 next week" She says "I keep saying I'll pay them and now they are making it higher because of how late it is."

"Oh Mum" I say and a tear falls down my cheek "Look. Mum. I'm moving to Kansas for gods sake... in three days. Harry is getting a good job and I'll try and earn some money. We can send it over by next week, You can save as much as possible and you'll be fine" I say

"Gracie... its not that easy" She says

"Yes Mum... yes it is" I say

"Okay, the truth is I don't want you to move all the way to Kansas" She sighs "Because I'll miss you way too much, I'll be seeing you once a year" She says

"Mum... I'll miss you too" I say "But I'll be coming back to visit you as much as possible. You know the jobs you can get there, they are high paying jobs and the schools are good. I can finish my education and get a good job. I'll be happy, and I can also send money over for Jacob" I say

"Okay... hunny" She says "But what if it doesn't work out"

"It will.. Mum. It will" I say

E N D O F F L A S H B A C K

I'm laying in my old bed at the moment... alone. I look to my side and miss Harry's presence. I grab my phone and decide to text Harry.

-Im sorry. I miss u. Its not ur fault ur over pretective. ;) ... Mum isnt doin to well :(

I send the message and put the phone on the bedside table. I don't hear it get a message so I decide to fall asleep, with a frown on my face.

Please Vote & Comment