Chapter 37

M E L

Zayn, Scarlett and I are heading home now. He came out of the coma yesterday but I havn't told anyone yet, only Gracie. She said she'd keep a secret. I am so excited, all my worries have vanished now that Zayn's here.

"So when did Gracie get out of her coma?" Zayn breaks the silence

"Oh, um I think day 1 or day 2... not sure" I say

"What, you mean that she was in a coma for 2 days when I was in a coma for 2 months!" He barks

"Yeah" I simply say

I can tell he's angry but it isn't any of our fault, it was just life waking her up. We don't say a word the rest of the drive.

Once we get to our apartment, Zayn climbs out and starts walking to the building, I get out and open the back door to get Scarlett from her seat. He is acting strange, I let out a loud gasp while walking towards the building, I slowly forward up the stairs with Scarlett still in my arms. When I get to our apartment door, its already open. I walk inside and put Scarlett down in her little baby crib.

"Zayn?!" I call out "Zayn!"

I walk into the kitchen and see him sitting at the table,

"Zayn, I was calling you" I say to him and sit down opposite him on the small table "Zayn?" I say

"Huh, oh, yeah, what?" He stutters

"I was calling you" I repeat "Is something wrong?"

"No" He lies

"I know your lying" I say

"I'm fine" He says

"You are not" I argue "Look I've spent the worst 2 months of my life and I don't want any problems"

"Just mind your own business!" He yells and storms out of the room

What was that?

I stand up from my chair and walk out of the kitchen into the lounge room. He is sitting down on the couch with his head in his hands. I start to walk to him but stop and think that last time I tried to comfort him, he screamed at me and stormed out of the room. Which was what happened five minutes ago... I keep walking, past him, and continue off into the bedroom. I can feel his eyes on me, but I ignore him and walk inside.

I close the door behind me and lay down on the bed, I really am not in the mood to be yelled at or arguing. As soon as my face hits the soft pillow I'm out.

Z A Y N

Mel comes out from the kitchen and walks straight past me into the bedroom. I think I was a bit harsh on her for only trying to help me. For a moment I think of following her into the bedroom but I decide against it and turn the TV on.

Ten minutes later Mel still hasn't come out so I decide to go inside the bedroom. I turn the TV off and walk towards the bedroom door, I open the door slightly and peek through the door, Mel is sleeping on the bed with tear stains in her face.

Why would she be crying? I wasn't that harsh, was I?

I walk towards her and sit down on the bed. "Mel?" I shake her

"Mhhmm" She says and see's me, she quickly gets up and rubs her eyes "Oh, hi. I must've fell asleep"

"Yeah, um... I'm sorry" I say

"Okay" She says and gets up to walk to the bathroom.

Once she walks into the bathroom and slams the door behind her. Suddenly I hear Scarlett crying, I get up and walk to her room. I pick her up and shake her in my arms...

M E L

I get up and walk to the bathroom, i need a shower. I have a warm shower rubbing all the mascara of my face and cleaning myself. Once i'm done and I have a towel wrapped around my body I walk out into the bedroom. I get changed just before Zayn barges in.

"We need to talk" He says

"Mmm k" I say

"What is wrong with you?" he says

"What?" I say

"You go off crying because I yell at you once" He says, Omigod, this is why you never live with your bully.

"I never cried" I lie

"Yeah, you were" He says

"That wasn't about you" I lie, again

"Oh, really. What was it about then?" He says

"well, two things" I say

"Go on" He says

"Well, It was because you yelled at me for no reason, when I was trying to help. And another reason was... I just spent 2 months, visiting you daily, waiting for the day you would wake up, and now... I wish you would've stayed asleep" I say the last part harshly and storm out.

Please Vote & Comment