Chapter 56

M E L A N I E

I open my eyes and see something stuck to my forehead. I lift my hand up and rip it off. Its a sticky note that says;

Mel, Went home. I woke up and Scarlett was crying. I made her fall asleep and put her next to you in bed.

Love, Gracie

I look next to me and nearly jump to see Scarlett peacefully sleeping next to me. I look past Scarlett and see an empty space, I frown and get up from bed.

After having a shower and brushing my teeth and hair, I walk into the kitchen and see Zayn not there. I walk out of the kitchen and into the lounge room. I see Zayn sitting at the coffee table with a bunch of papers in front of him.

"Zayn?" I say, he looks up from his work and at me. He looks terrible he has giant bags under his eyes, it looks like he hasn't slept for a week! "Oh my god." I walk over to him and sit down "Did you sleep last night?"

"Aggghh! Don't worry. I'm fine. Just leave me alone" He says, I close my eyes and take in a deep breath

"What are you doing?" I say and look at his papers

"Oh nothing. I just gotta do something for my job.. the mechanic one" he says "Anyway... Have you thought about coming with me?"

"Zayn" I say "Look, I would love to. But I'm 17 and I cant" I say

"Yes, you can" He says and gets up
from the couch.

"How can I?" I ask, standing from the couch.

"Because... you can" He says I walk out of the living room and into the kitchen without another word.

*Buzz*

My phone vibrates. I look at the message

Wanna hang out today ? -Lisbet

I message back

Yeah, that'd be lovely -Mel

My phone suddenly rings. Lisbet is ringing me.

M- Hello

L- Hey, Wanna go out today. We haven't seen each other in ages!

M- Sure okay. Where do you wanna go?

L- Wanna go shopping?

M- Okay

L- I'll be at yours in 2 hours

M- Okay, bye

L- Bye

I put down my phone and walk out of the kitchen, I walk into my bedroom and pick out a different outfit to wear for shopping. I change into them clothes, Light blue denim jeans and a black top, and I pick up my heeled boots from the wardrobe.

"So you are going out with Lisbet?" Zayn surprises me

"Uh, yeah" I say without making eye-contact

I walk out past Zayn and into the living room. I check the time and it says 10:57. Lisbet will be here in 3 minutes. I grab my phone and my black purse.

"Zayn!" I yell

"What?" He yells from the bedroom

"Could you please keep an eye on Scarlett for a couple of hours?" I ask, fingers crossed. I hear him groan.

"Fine" He sighs

"Thanks" I smile and walk to the door. I put my hand on the door handle but I feel Zayn's hand on top of mine, he grabs my hand and holds it.

"Where's my goodbye kiss?" He asks, I smile and kiss him, Our lips move in sync-

*buzz*

We get interrupted by a text on my phone. Zayn groans.

I'm here! -Lisbet

I peck Zayn on the lips one last time and say goodbye.

I walk into the car park and see Lisbet in her car, I hop into the passenger seat.

"Hey" I smile

"Hey" She says "This'll be fun. Its been so long"

"I know right!" I agree

...

Once we get to the shops I hop out of the car and we walk into Macy's together. We look at a couple of clothes and I end up buying a beautiful light blue sleeveless button top and i get a bikini. Because my old one is.. old. and plus Its really cute, It has chickens on it. Yes, I know I'm weird.

Lisbet buys a crop top and high waist jeans. We both pay for our items and walk towards the food court for lunch. I didn't even have breakfast, I'm starving.

We get to the food court and decide on Nando's. We buy our food and sit down at a table, we start eating and start talking.

Please Vote & Comment