Chapter 59

M E L A N I E

Karen went home and came back with a bunch of papers, Karen and I sit down at the table and I grab a pen. She hands me the first paper and its saying that she is adopting Scarlett blah blah blah. I sign my signature on the dotted line and she hands me another paper.

After signing several papers, Karen and I stand up.

"Cathy!" We all turn around and see my father burst through the door, his eyes are bloodshot and he looks a mess. He is holding a beer bottle in his hand.

He see's us and stops, he see's Me and stops. He moves towards me and I move back. I look at Mum and I see tears are threatning to fall.

"Mel..." He starts and walks to me

"No" I say "No, Just go away. You left us, and you decide to come back and all you think to do is drink!" I yell, "Why did you even bother to come back!"

"Mel!" He yells

"No! Don't call me that!" I say I walk past him and I walk to Mum and hug her "Bye Mum, I'll see you tomorrow" I go over to now crying Scarlett and pick her up. "The adoption starts next week" I carry her out the door, with Zayn following behind me. I put Scarlett into her baby seat and sit in the passenger seat. Zayn sits in the driver seat and starts the car.

The whole way home nobody said a word, even Scarlett was quiet. Zayn stops the car in a parkig spot and I hop out of the car, I unbuckle Scarlett and carry her up to our apartment. Zayn opens the door and I walk in with him following behind.

"Hey" I turn around and see Zayn "Are you okay?" He asks

"I'm sorry" I say

"For?" He asks

"You didn't do anything wrong, I was acting selfish" I say

I walks forward and puts his arms around Scarlett and I.

"You aren't being selfish, I understand how you feel, My parents weren't really that caring for me and my father was a complete drunk"

*Ring Ring*

Zayn's phone rings... He answers it.

"Hello"
"Yeah"
"Um... okay"

I hear... yelling? from Zayn's phone.

"Okay, I'll tell you tomorrow"
"Yep"
"Okay"

He ends the call and sighs

"Who was that?" I ask

"Nobody" He says and shakes his head

"It sounded serious" I say

"Nobody! Okay! just drop it!" He yells and I flinch, I move back without making eye contact and I turn around and walk into the bedroom.

I lay Scarlett down on my bed and sit on the bed next to her.

"What am I doing?" I whisper

"Muummiii" I turn around and look at Scarlett, she is laughing and throwing her arms around.

Her first word!

I grab her and hug her, she laughs more and more. I have never seen her laugh so much, I don't know why she is so happy but I'm enjoying her laughter.

Now I'm regreting signing those papers. What am I going to do? I tickle her and play with her. I put her down because she looks like she is getting tired. I lay down next to her and stare at the ceiling.

Z A Y N

I walk towards the bedroom door and stop when I hear laughing, then I hear Scarlett.

"Muummiiii" She says, I hear laughing coming from both Mel and Scarlett. I stop my hand from opening the handle and I walk away.

I walk into the lounge room and sit on the couch. The call was from that job, asking me if I want the job or not, I have to answer tomorrow. My answer is yes. But they've changed it further away.

I'm just so confused on what to do, I used to make a decision and do it. I didn't have to worry about anything, I could just do it, no worries.

Please Vote & Comment