Brat Part 2

Summary: Part 2. like, its the title. If you are confused, go read part 1 summary.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dan felt like he was going to be sick. He was hot, too hot. He felt his insides burn and he was laying in his own pool of sweat. He could feel the salty droplets running down his face and neck adding to the evergrowing pool. His toes tingled and his fingers stinged. He felt like he was being pulled in two and he was spinning. He was spinning too fast, around and around he went, his stomach churning, chest tightning. He was sure that he had awoken the other boys, and hopefully they went to go get help; he thought he was dying. As soon as it came it went and his eyes flew open. He could no longer feel himself sweating and his body was still, not writhing and spinning in pain. He stared at the ceiling and felt his heartbeat pound his chest and ears. He even felt it in his toes and fingers. The pounding in his stomach wasn't so much his heartbeat but more that his stomach was contracting and churning, trying to fight off vomiting the food that his stomach does not have. Dan doesn't know how long he layed there. A minute, maybe an hour, but he slowly started coming to his senses. His fingers smoothed out the soft fabric of his bed sheet, and played with the him of his pajama sleeves. He was comfortable, so much more comfortable than when he went to bed. The ceiling looked like it was a mile away and the walls looks spotless and new. Dan's brow furrowed, 'I know the orphanage didn't do this overnight'. It was approximately ten more seconds before Dan put two and two together. He shot up so fast he became dizzy again. He held his breath and looked around his magnifecent and expensive room, and his stomach dropped in guilt. Here he was, back to where he had been wishing to be and Phil, who deserves more than the world can give him, stays in his lumpy bed in the orphanage. Here he was, his parents probably out of town leaving him with a couple hundred or thousand dollars, while Phil along with the other 20 kids lived off burnt toast, school food and whatever Cheryl and Phil could manage, with no parents to call and ask for money to buy a pizza or whatever. 'When I get married we are adopting kids.' Dan decides, never wanting kids to have to live their life thinking they aren't wanted. That's when his slow, hazy mind catches up to him. That's how he made those kids feel everyday. That is how he treated every single person at his school. Even his "friends" got this treatment. The urge to vomit all over his silk pajamas came back all over again. What would Phil say when he disapeared and showed up at school with his expensive and on brand clothes? Would Phil even remember him? Or Gina?

Dan's headache was throbbing but he got out of his bed and walked to his bathroom. His bathroom could fit eight of the orphanages closets easily. He looked at the time and date. 'That's not possible, that was last week.'

'Then again, becoming a completely other person overnight is not possible either'

Perhaps he dreamed the whole thing? Dan tried to convince himself that that was the explenation and he would go to school and forget about it in twenty minutes. Twenty minutes came and went, Dan was washed, dressed, well fed, and swaggering into school. Yet, even as his friends found him easily and started telling him about this sweater that this girl was wearing, ("It's absolutely horrendous Daniel.") and Dan still easily remembered Phil.

"Tell me about it at lunch. I got to go." His voice bled with sadness and confusion, he expected them to ask what was wrong. To stay and try and help him, but they just agreed and smiled, oblivious to his feelings. Dan couldn't help but think, 'Phil wouldn't of left me without trying to find out what's wrong.'
Dan dragged his feet through the halls and ignored anyone who tried to talk to him. By the time lunch came around Dan couldn't find himself hungry. He walked out of the cafeteria planning on sitting in the bathroom to be alone. But those plans got interupted by Dan running into someone.