Grandma knows best

Okay, so hears the tea, I work in a nursing home, (Love it tbh) and a romantic friend of mine was like "OMG what if someone falls IN LOVE with you AND AND what if it is your favorite persons grandkid!!!!"
So here you go.
Personally, IDK about it and if anyone was going to fall in love with me I would want it to be the handsome funny CNA that I work with soooooooooo
yeah
All of the names are not real, like I didn't name any of my residents.

(Also, subtle TOP reference, comment if find it. I mean, idk how subtle it is, depends on how hard core you are for TOP)

Phil Lester loves his grandmother to pieces, always has. He would spend more time at her house then his own and when she is put into a nursing home he decided he is not going to let her stay in there to rot. He vows to visit her as much as he can and he holds a serious grudge against his mother for a) putting her in the home, and b) never coming to visit her, her own mother! He helped her get settled in two weeks ago but hasn't been able to go back and even after that first time...he hopes he dies before he has to be put into a home. But today he can finally go visit her and he has brought flowers and chocolates for her (Snickers and carmal filled Dove). He goes in and is immedietly greeted with a man with a walker and a Cardinals hat standing in front of him.

"Oh uh...Hello...?"

The man gives him a wide goofy kind of smile and then asks, "Are you a Codwell?"

Phil isn't sure what the hell that means or how to respond....."Uh, no?"

"Well...Now you are. My son. The son to Donald G. Codwell."

"Uhhhhh,"

"Don," Another voice rang out and both Phil and the man looked over, "now there you are. Are you trying to convince another one of your adoptive children to sneak you out of here?" It was a cute guy with curly brown hair and cute big brown eyes, his voice is sweet, kind, and with the underlying tone of speaking to a child.

"I don't know what you are talking about." The man, Don, says. In a semi convincing voice but by the hands on the mans hips and the way Don looked around at his surroundings, Phil thinks he did know what he was talking about.

"Mhm. Come on Don, lets go watch some TV." He patted Don on the back gently and Don turned and scooted his feet and walker away not waiting for them and the man turned to him with a bright smile.

"Hello, need help looking for someone? I don't think I have ever seen you here before."

"Hi, uh I'm here to see my grandma, uhm, her name is Katie Lyall." If possible the mans smile grew.

"Her room is A-10, here I will take you there." He added at the confusion on his face. He doesn't even remember there being letters or numbers for rooms.

"I'm Dan by the way. I'm the Unit Aide."

"The uh what."

"Unit Aide, I pass ice, make beds, wheel or walk people to and fro, if they can walk without a CNA, or anything they need that isn't, getting in or out of bed or going to bed because I am not CNA qualified."

"Oh, right."

"Here she is. Hi, Katie!" Dan gave a little wave into the room, and Phil stepped over to look into the room to see his grandma sitting in a reclining chair playing on her phone while the TV was playing, like normal then. She looked up and returned Dan's big smile and waved back and then she noticed Phil.

"Philip!"

"Hi Grandma!"

"OH Carl don't no no keep your pants on. That's not," Dan said and started running off. Phil sat down on the bed (Surprisingly comfy) and handed her his gifts.