13.

Sebastian Lorizio

"Where's Elias?" Valencia wasted no time asking me when I opened the door. It wasn't her week to have him, but she wanted to spend time with him and I'm not going to tell her no.

"He's upstairs sleep."

"Okay." She headed for the stairs, but I stopped her. I figured I would take my mother's advice and try to have a civilized conversation.

"We need to talk." I pulled her to the couch and sat her down, sitting next to her.

"Talk." She said, not paying me any mind because her phone had her too occupied.

"Put the phone away first. I'm sure the nigga can wait."

"Sebastian, what do you want?" She asked, now giving me her undivided attention.

"The arguing between us has to stop. The blaming each other has to stop. You get on my nerves and sometimes I want to choke your ass, but I don't want Elias to think we hate each other."

"I agree, but do you want to explain the other day?" She crossed her arms over her chest. I had a feeling she would bring that up.

"I um...I care about you a lot--like a friend and you're the mother of my child and I don't want to see you get hurt. But I'll admit I was wrong for what I said."

"You care about me, hm?" She gave me a suspicious look. "Well I know that my attitude has been a little unbearable-"

"A little?"

"Can I finish?" She rolled her eyes. "Like I was saying, I know my attitude hasn't been the best and I have provoked you. For that, I'm sorry."

Our problem is that we know how to push each other's buttons and we're stubborn. We had problems from the beginning, but it's never really been addressed. Then Elias came along and that added more issues between us.

We were trying to force something that wasn't there and that's still what's happening. I think it's best that I continue with Mahogany and she does her own thing as well.

It's not really what I want, but it's best for Elias. But then again.... I'm Sebastian and I get what I want.

"We just need to be the best parents we can possibly be for Elias." She said and I nodded my head.

"You're much better when you act like a civilized human being. Common sense looks good on you."

"I wish I could say the same for you." She laughed, getting up from the couch. It just came to my attention that she was wearing leggings and I didn't see a panty line so that means two things.

"Where you been today?" I asked out of curiousity.

"Did a few last minute adjustments at the shop then went to Dave's and then-"

"Y'all fucking?"

"First of all, that's none of your business and no, we aren't."

"Hm." I don't like this Dave person and I haven't even met him yet. I feel some type of way because she has a smile that I could never put on her face.

"Mommy!" Bash ran down the stairs wrapping his arms around her waist to give her a hug.

She bent down and kissed all over his face before picking him up, which I've told her time and time again no to do.

"Valencia, put that boy down."

"Shut up." She waved me off.

"You taking me with you? Dad's getting on my nerves." Bash told her making me side eye him.