25*

Amir Jones Jr.

"You're leaving already?" Faye rolled over in the bed seeing that I was putting on my shirt.

"You know I can't stay all night. My mom doesn't like me out all hours of the night."

"She's not even your real mother so what does it matter. You're grown." She said making me side eye her. I know that didn't just come out of her mouth.

"That is my real mother so watch your mouth." I snapped.

"I'm sorry. I'm just tired of you leaving. You're eighteen, you can do as you please."

"Yes, but I'm living in my parent's house and I will abide by their rules until further notice."

"Okay, Amir." She rolled her eyes. "I don't know why I'm still messing with a little boy."

"Little boy..." I chuckled to myself.

Faye loved to throw our age difference in my face when she caught attitudes. She's seven years older than me and sometimes I feel like I can't give her what other men can at her age.

But at the same time she's childish as well. She's always mad when she doesn't get her way, says slick remarks, and will get mad at me for not entertaining her bullshit.

If that was the case, I would've dated these girls my age. I date older women for their maturity and experience.

"On that note, I'm going home and you can call another nigga who's your age." I swiped up my keys from the nightstand and left her room.

"AJ." She followed behind me down the stairs.

"I don't have time for your bullshit tonight, Faye." I walked out the front door and she was still following me. "Go in the house."

"No, I'm sorry for what I said. Don't be mad at me." She wrapped her arms around my torso tightly.

I turned around and looked down at her. Staring into her brown eyes, I could tell something was off.

"What's wrong with you? Why are you acting more crazy than usual?"

"Nothing, Amir. I just like you holding me and I wish you didn't have to up and leave in the middle of the night." She said softly. I knew she was telling the truth, but there was still something not right.

"I know, Faye." I sighed knowing that she really was upset.

"I told you, you could move in with me." She suggested. "We've been together for over a year."

"I'll think about it."

"You say that every time. It's because you're ashamed of me, isn't it?" She snapped, which took me back.

"No-"

"Then why haven't you told your parents about us?" She glared at me with her hands on her hips.

"Faye you need to go in the house. I need to get home and you're out here causing a scene." I walked away from her and got in my car.

"Don't bother coming back here tomorrow." She told me before stomping into the house.

I shrugged and started up the car knowing that she'll be fine by the morning. Whatever her problem is, she'll get over it.

I've never dated women my age. At thirteen I dated an eighteen year old. Sixteen I dated a twenty year old. Seventeen is when I started dating Faye. She's the oldest woman I've dated being that she's twenty-five.

But not the oldest I've messed with.

In between I've had some flings that were in their thirties. Not something I'm proud of, but I just like older women.