16*

Elias Lorizio

"I can't believe you're living on your own now. My little baby." My mom hugged me tightly cuing the waterworks.

"I know you're not crying, woman." My dad shook his head as he sat down my last box.

"My first born. He's leaving us Bash." She maintained her death grip on me. I didn't mind though.

Call me a mama's boy all you want. I'll  still get in my mom's bed and cling onto her even at twenty-one. That's my queen right there.

"Good. One down, two more to go." He pointed at Kam and Kaleb sitting on my couch texting on their phones.

"Ma, I'm going to visit all the time."

"You're barely at how now as it is." She stepped back wiping her tears. "This girl has you out all day. When do I get to meet her. She seems sweet."

"I don't know." I shrugged. "We'll cross that bridge when we get there."

I didn't want to meet parents yet because I feel like that's moving too fast. We've only been dating for a good month now. I kind of expected my mom not to like her since she was so sure I would end up with Malia.

She's actually excited more than me. Maybe because this is the first girl I've actually tried to be with. Faithfully that is.

"Well you better not be getting anybody pregnant, I know that much." She pointed her finger in my face.

"We're not even having sex, ma." I laughed. It's hard to take her serious because she's so short and can't even yell at me without apologizing. Obviously I'm her favorite.

"Not having sex? She must have a hell of a personality then." Kaleb laughed.

"Not everybody is a hoe like you, Kaleb." Kam retorted.

"Elias a bigger hoe than me. The fuck you talking about?"

"Curse again and watch how quick I throw you out the window." My dad threatened. I definitely won't miss the daily ass whoopings I got up until 6th grade.

Then it turned into running laps, push-up, and anything else under the sun my father could think of. I guess he got tired of pulling out a belt.

"Don't break your back trying to do  that old man." Kaleb teased.

"I break your mama's back every night." He said bluntly. My dad just don't care what comes out of his mouth.

"Sebastian." My mom warned.

"That's so gross." Kaleb scrunched up his face in disgust along with me and Kam.

"Why ya'll looking like that? How you think ya'll got here? Elias, you was some good ole birthday sex." He smacked my mom on her butt before wrapping his arms around her.

"Dad, please stop it. I don't want to hear that." I held up my hand for him to stop talking.

"I'll be in the car. Feel free to not come by so often." He patted me on the back before leaving.

"I swear that man gets on my nerves." Mom shook her head.

"I'm going to miss you, Eli." Kam hugged onto probably tighter than my mom did. "Who am I going to sleep with when it thunderstorms?"

"You're gonna have to face it one day, Kam." I chuckled. She's been sleeping in my bed ever since she was four when it would thunder.

"Kaleb-"

"Don't ask me. My answer is no. Leave me alone." He pushed her out the way and gave me a brotherly hug. "I'm going to miss you bro."

My dramatic ass family. I'm literally ten minutes away.