36.

One more chapter left and an Epilogue. Then some bonus chapters.
◇◇◇◇

Valencia Carter

It was Saturday and I've found myself back at the prison to visit Tobias. I've been meaning to come back since last time, but haven't found my way around to it.

Sebastian knew I was here and made it clear that this was my last time stepping foot in here.

"Wassup." He greeted me when I sat down.

"How have you been?"

He sighed, "Not too bad. Just getting through each day one step at a time."

"That's good." I folded my arms on the table.

"I see you've been...busy." His eyes darted from my stomach to my face. "How far along are you?"

"I just made twenty-two weeks today."

"Really? Avana wasn't showing that much till her sixth month."

"I'm having twins."

"Well congrats." He gave me a genuine smile. "I'm surprised you came."

"I came to talk to you about Hazel." I chewed on my bottom lip nervously watching him frown.

"I regret what I did. The longer I've been in here I've been able to reflect on myself and my life choices. It will haunt me forever knowing I'm the reason she took her life."

"Before...It happened she basically told me you pimped her out. Why did you do it Tobias?"

"I was sick in the head. I was putting a lot of women to work and I was giving Hazel all of these fancy things to make her happy. She was off limits until I found out she was talking to some nigga named Marcus.

He was blowing up her phone and eventually I lost all respect for her. I thought she was cheating-"

"So because you think she's cheating on you, you sell her off to random men? That's the excuse you want to use?" I narrowed my eyes, feeling my voice begin go raise.

"Valencia, keep your damn voice down." He looked back at at correctional officer who was looking at us, then back at me. "I'm not trying to justify what I did as right. I'm just telling you why I did it."

"Well you sure are fucked up in the head, because of you she's gone." I felt my eyes burn from the tears building up.

Hazel did me wrong as a friend, but I still have love for her. She was my best friend. I watched her fall from that building that night five years ago and it still replays in my head like it was yesterday.

"Did you know she was pregnant?" I asked and by the shock written over her face I took that as a no. "She said she was three weeks."

"That...that could've been my baby." He put his hand over his mouth, not knowing what else to say.

"You're going to live with knowing that you pushed the possible mother of your child to take her life." I stood up.

"Come one, Val. You can't just leave now. I would take it back if I could, but I can't."

"I have nothing else to say to you and don't want to listen to you anymore." I calmly said as I turned on my heel and left.

°•°•°•°

"Bash, leave me alone." I grumbled as I tried to take my nap laying on my side. You don't know how much I miss sleeping on my stomach.