18.

Malina Grant

"Put some strength into." I demanded Amir who was rubbing my feet.

"You're like I love you."

"I love you too my cinnamon roll." I cooed, pinching his cheeks.

"Mommy, you making cinnamon rolls?" Malia's eyes lit up at me mentioning food. She completely forgot about her show of Paw Patrol that quick.

"No, girl you just ate." I said.

She smacked her lips, "So, I still got room."

I waved her off, she get that from Amir. Both of their greedy asses is the reason why I never have food in the house.

"Speaking of room, when you gonna let me fill up this house with a couple more babies?" He spoke low enough so that I could only hear.

"I don't know." That was my honest answer. He has just moved back in, along with AJ now that he has full custody and we were still working on us.

I want us to be fully back on track before we think about having another baby.

"Shit, you making me wear condoms and still pull out."

"Because we had one pregnancy scare and the last thing we need is another child. Can you just respect my wishes of wanting to wait for the right time?"

He sighed heavily while pushing my feet off his lap, "Fine."

"You're gonna act like a child now?"

"No, all I said is 'fine'. I'm cool." He leaned up against the headboard with a stale face. He'll get over it.

"Mommy." Malia crawled up into my lap.

"Yes, Malia."

"Tomorrow can we go to auntie Val's house to see Elias?"

"What you want to see him for?" Amir looked over at her.

"Because he's my best friend." She rolled her neck while speaking in a matter of fact tone.

"Girl, who you talking to?" He mushed her face making her fall back on the bed.

"Fatty." She stuck her tongue out at him.

"Malina, get your daughter before I hurt her feelings."

"Daddy you ugly!" She pointed at his face.

"Oh so you trying to riff, well your hair is nappy."

"Amir, you're going to argue with a four year old?" I laughed at him going back and forth with Lia.

"She trying me."

"Your ears are big."

"Girl-"

Before he could finish, Malia dramatically fell back on the bed holding her nose.

"That breath!" She fanned the air. By now I was in tears

"That's cool, you not my daughter no more." He got up from the bed, heading for the door.

She jumped down from the bed to follow him, "Nooo, who's gonna sneak me cookies at night?" She whined.

"Shh, that was supposed to be our secret."

"Oh right!"

"Amir-"

"Gotta go." He picked up Malia and ran out the room.

Valencia Carter

"You gonna sit here on your phone the whole time?" Dave eyed me as I scrolled through my twitter feed.